January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

On 26/01/2022 at 13:15, gwi1890 said:

Guimaraes less caps for Brazil than Wesley,  Bentancur is better value , Moving to Newcastle at 23 is the equivalent of chasing the money moving to a team in the Chinese league, he’s no better than Oscar, Paulinho and Hulk.

Oscar was actually quite good not sure what’s happened to him now , surprised he hasn’t come back to europe but then again he must be swimming in money 💰 

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

Oscar was actually quite good not sure what’s happened to him now , surprised he hasn’t come back to europe but then again he must be swimming in money 💰 

So was Paulinho, add Dembele to that list to.

I don’t think that there are issues with Dougie’s overall standard of play, which is good if not beyond improvement. I think it’s more his skill set that doesn’t suit an SG team. He tends to slow things down and lacks a bit of aggression. It’s those things that don’t really suit what I believe SG is trying to find in the overall style of play. He has a tendency to lose the ball through his laconic style and then commits fouls in dangerous areas to try and put it right. 

I don’t think we’re looking for a destroyer at DM, but we need someone who can be aggressive and control the middle of the pitch. With the creative abilities of Buendia, Coutinho and Ramsey, if we can control this area of the pitch, we can be a very dangerous team. This of course has the benefit of tightening up the defence too. As people will be quick to point out, criticism of Dougie’s laidback style could equally be applied, at times to our captain. 

For what it’s worth, ie. nothing, I don’t think we’ll sell DL in this window but he could be part of a revamp in the summer. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

I don’t think that there are issues with Dougie’s overall standard of play, which is good if not beyond improvement. I think it’s more his skill set that doesn’t suit an SG team. He tends to slow things down and lacks a bit of aggression. It’s those things that don’t really suit what I believe SG is trying to find in the overall style of play. He has a tendency to lose the ball through his laconic style and then commits fouls in dangerous areas to try and put it right. 

I don’t think we’re looking for a destroyer at DM, but we need someone who can be aggressive and control the middle of the pitch. With the creative abilities of Buendia, Coutinho and Ramsey, if we can control this area of the pitch, we can be a very dangerous team. This of course has the benefit of tightening up the defence too. As people will be quick to point out, criticism of Dougie’s laidback style could equally be applied, at times to our captain. 

For what it’s worth, ie. nothing, I don’t think we’ll sell DL in this window but he could be part of a revamp in the summer. 

Yes who ever comes in to compete with him might need the rest of the season to settle and adjust to  the Premier league 

Just now, gwi1890 said:

Yes who ever comes in to compete with him might need the rest of the season to settle and adjust to  the Premier league 

I agree, which is probably why Dougie will at least see the season out. He may go for monetary reasons, if we get a decent offer and/or the club can’t see him renewing his contact. If Arsenal really want him this month, they can probably get him, but they’ll have to dig very deep. They’ll probably offer us a Brighthouse deal. Couple of million down and a million a month over 40 months. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Are Villa waiting for Newcastle to announce a signing so that we can then immediately announce a bigger signing?

AGAIN!

You laugh, but there's a decent chance that could happen for the 3rd time this window. 

Forget Emi, this is stratosphere level shithousery from the club. Don Lange the orchestrator. 

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

You laugh, but there's a decent chance that could happen for the 3rd time this window. 

Forget Emi, this is stratosphere level shithousery from the club. Don Lange the orchestrator. 

I really believe this is happening, we are doing everything bigger and better then Newcastle and winding sky up a treat into the bargain, bet they hate being kept in the dark.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I really believe this is happening, we are doing everything bigger and better then Newcastle and winding sky up a treat into the bargain, bet they hate being kept in the dark.

Poor old SKY. They deserve being kept in the dark because they’ve ‘learned nothing and forgotten nothing’ - they still believe in their ‘big 6’.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

Apparently Oscar has a very big family that rely upon him as dependants and the China move was to set them all up financially. I can only respect that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Poor old SKY. They deserve being kept in the dark because they’ve ‘learned nothing and forgotten nothing’ - they still believe in their ‘big 6’.

The same big scum6 that sold them up the river, that they turned on until it fell apart only to bury their tongues even further up their arses.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

The same big scum6 that sold them up the river, that they turned on until it fell apart only to bury their tongues even further up their arses.

So true but they will need to bury their tongues even further if they wish to find their brains - providing they have grey matter!

• Like 1

Wonder how much Bremer from Torino would cost and if he'd be willing to come here.

He's not in the Brazil squad yet but looks a really interesting young CB. Been really good for a while now. He only has 18 months left on his deal there and he's apparently only on £20k/w or so. WP should not be a problem as he's Brazilian and played 4 seasons in Italy, right?

5 hours ago, RicRic said:

Still in China. To be fair, he's played a lot. Some players go there and don't seem to bother... least Oscar took it seriously.

His original contact was for 4 years and earned him over $100m dollars!