January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

20 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm not entirely convinced we'll get a DM in this window.

(That should do it)

I'm definitely coming around to the idea that we aren't signing a DM in any window soon.  Everything seems to suggest that Gerrard is looking at midfielders who can do more than one job and that helping to retain possession is more important than having someone who can only win it back.  I suspect that there will be someone playing in a slightly deeper role like Luiz has been - but I don't think it will be someone that we talk about on here as a 6.

Edited by allani
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

It seems as though we can get domestic transfers wrapped up with little to no fuss from the media or 'ITK's'.

It's obviously a different story when we shop abroad as foreign journalists always tend to break the news at some point during the negotiations. 

Where am I going with this? Bissouma is a done deal. 

Most euro leagues when it comes to transfers are more open about transfers than the Prem. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, allani said:

I'm definitely coming around to the idea that we aren't signing a DM in any window soon.  Everything seems to suggest that Gerrard is looking at midfielders who can do more than one job and that helping to retain possession is more important than having someone who can only win it back.  I suspect that there will be someone playing in a slightly deeper role like Luiz has been - but I don't think it will be someone that we talk about on here as a 6.

I've been banging the drum for a DM.

However, I have also said, if we don't intend to play a th an out and out DM, we would need better all-round and stronger midfielders who can do it all.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

It seems as though we can get domestic transfers wrapped up with little to no fuss from the media or 'ITK's'.

It's obviously a different story when we shop abroad as foreign journalists always tend to break the news at some point during the negotiations. 

Where am I going with this? Bissouma is a done deal. 

He should be arriving back from Afcon today

24 minutes ago, allani said:

Then Bentancur must be a definite, he can play 4, 6 and 8 :)

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Most euro leagues when it comes to transfers are more open about transfers than the Prem. 

Most (all) Prem teams when it comes to transfers are more open about transfers then Aston Villa.

Sorry, couldn't resist. It's true too.

• Like 1

Just now, paul514 said:

What do people think about the Sun saying Atletico want Matty Cash for 40m?

Probably a load of bollocks but the general consensus is that if anyone were to offer us that much money for Cash, we'd sell. A very good right back but £40m is a ridiculous fee.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

What do people think about the Sun saying Atletico want Matty Cash for 40m?

£40 million be a great fee but I think it's a load of rubbish anyways. I think he will sign a new contract in the summer/early next season. 

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

BS but if they come in with 40m+ in the summer then tank you very much and I am sure we can find a suitable replacement

This is the transfermarkt list of of right backs from most expensive...

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler-statistik/wertvollstespieler/marktwertetop/plus/0/galerie/0?ausrichtung=alle&spielerposition_id=5&altersklasse=alle&jahrgang=0&land_id=0&kontinent_id=0&yt0=Show

I'd take Max Arrons when Norwich goes down, but I would want another anyway

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler-statistik/wertvollstespieler/marktwertetop/plus/0/galerie/0?ausrichtung=alle&spielerposition_id=5&altersklasse=alle&jahrgang=0&land_id=0&kontinent_id=0&yt0=Show

The valuations are worse BS than the story by The Sun. I wouldn't mind Lamptey for 16m 😂 

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

The valuations are worse BS than the story by The Sun. I wouldn't mind Lamptey for 16m 😂 

I don't think the valuations are accurate in regards to their sale price but they probably are roughly right in regards to the ranks of who is most expensive.

8 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Why would you take Arrons, don’t think I’ve ever seen the kid have a good game. He was highly rated a few years back when Norwich got promoted but has struggled in his 2 seasons in the PL.