Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

• 2 weeks later...

Shoutout to my man in P5 who must have, no word of a lie, shouted foul throw 7 times in a row to Luke Shaw in the second half. None of which appeared to be foul throws.

Shoutout to my man in P5 who at 3-1 , when we just got in shape and let United have the ball in their half was apoplectic that we were letting them play. Amazing how people lost all perspective when we get a few goals

Again, really annoying - literally within 1 second of the whistle the tannoy blasting music out. Thanks - I was waiting for the final whistle to hear the holte end roar and everyone pump their fists and end 30 years of hurt (never stopped be dreaming) and just let it all out. "come on!!!!"

**** me right.

Biggest thing for me was that with 20 mins to the end even though utd had a lot of the ball and the ref had gone to shit there still never once seemed like a nervous energy

the place was buzzing and felt confident and we looked it on the pitch too

"everwhere we follow" has been overused at times, but to my recollection we only sang it near the end yesterday, where the entire ground was belting it out. it was quite a moment

one gripe, i know transport getting away from VP is utterly shocking, but the number of people leaving early was very surprising...it's been 27 years guys. no judgement, every one of them probably had their reasons, i was just surprised

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Saw this on Twitter and thought it was quite interesting although it doesn’t really have any conclusions.

There is an issue and it’s not just the odd match, it’s every week. 

For me, I think it’s a combination of factors:-

poor football

poor results

expensive tickets pricing the ‘rowdier’ fan out of attending.

General weariness of the fan base (False dawns, inconsistent signings, seasons over in Jan, just not much to get excited about).

I don’t know how it changes to be honest but VP is the quietest I have ever known it since I started going in the 90s.

• Thanks 1

Music blaring out before kick off don't help used to love singing a song for each player before kick off.

Beer should be available for the full 90 mins as long as its drank on the concourse and easier to get at HT and before kick off.

That Villa Live building should help but there are not many pubs left round Villa these days.

Surprised me being in the Upper Holte Sunday being allowed to stand for 90 mins this a regular thing as I think that helps.

Official safe standing that would get all the singers together.

It's great at away games so it should be achievable at home with the right people in the right places.

• Like 4

i don't think its a villa problem , its the same at many grounds now . The majority of teams in the premier play possesion at all costs football , blood and thunder games are now few and far between it has a negative knock on effect on the atmosphere

• Like 1

Â