Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

20 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

That Palace ultra group seem to do a decent job. And the more these groups appear and are successful, the more I think fan pressure can be applied to improve things for fans.

Yep, the Palace group make a good fist of things and yet they're ridiculed in some quarters.  Yep, I'd much rather be surrounded by a bunch of whiny, mardy old men effing and blinding at every backwards pass.

Edited by Wainy316
  • Like 1

Atmosphere was shite for Stevenage. Performance didn't help matters of course, but was not good from the get go. Holte unusually quiet, rest of the stadium you could hear a pin drop. Away fans drowned us out for 90 mins (at times for obvious reasons, but otherwise still pretty loud).

Shame.

Just now, Wainy316 said:

Yep, the Palace group make a good fist of things and yet they're ridiculed in some quarters.  Yep, I'd much rather be surrounded by a bunch of whiny, mardy old many effing and blinding at every backwards pass.

My god some of the people by me in the Holte are the worst. Never positive even when its going well, eg. spent most of the time Grealish was here taking the piss out of him or that fact that fans were excited by him. No patience for anything other than lumping the ball forward. Borderline racist/homophobic shit at times as well.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

Huh?! Surely that's only cringey if you think that was being sung seriously. I'd have thought it was not.

I wasn't there but I am sure being in my normal place in the upper Holte it would be a tongue in cheek funny thing to sing! I am sure it wasn't meant to be a serious thing....however Karma is a cruel thing isn't it !

I know this is just going to happen in any area of society but I've been taken aback by just how miserable people are at VP the few times I've been so far this season. As an example at the Brentford game we were 4-0 up, all going well and a few seats down from me two lads randomly got chatting to another couple guys in front of them, not particularly loudly and just about the game etc. Actually thought it was quite nice to see only for an absolute joy vacuum next to them to demand that they stop talking as people are trying to watch the game, to which several people piped up agreeing with him. That was at 4-0 up! God help the people that usually sit in that section of the Trinity when we're shite (though it's possibly what they go for).

4 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Atmosphere was shite for Stevenage. Performance didn't help matters of course, but was not good from the get go. Holte unusually quiet, rest of the stadium you could hear a pin drop. Away fans drowned us out for 90 mins (at times for obvious reasons, but otherwise still pretty loud).

Shame.

Felt to me like a lot of regulars had moved in the ground or not turned up. Barely anyone in usual seats by me (a positive in some cases as per previous post!), lots of empty seats, lots of really young kids who couldn't see half the game. If it was like this elsewhere in the stadium then not suprising chants barely got off the ground.

A lot of the posts on Twitter such as the under the gaslit lamp one stemmed from this I think. Shocking video anyway. I think arsenal and palace have the best atmospheres in the league. I don’t go to the games but it’s the same 3/4 songs on repeat always. 

1 hour ago, tomsky_11 said:

On the subject of ultras/fan groups, looks like maybe someone is trying to do something...

Looks like for every supportive comment, there's someone who ridicules them for thinking outside the box. 

8 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

I must admit having watched the Villa for over 40 years has sapped the belief out of me somewhat and this impacts on my energy on a match day. It's like you get to know the warning signs of a duff performance and instantly lose interest once they appear. Just seen it too many times maybe.

Spot on.

I can usually tell how they are going to play based on the first few touches.

Against Wolves I somehow envisioned the first half shit show before they had even kicked off….there were no physical warning signs I kind of just knew it was coming.

There is definitely more at play here than just “The Villa have shit support” and it’s not easily fixed.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Looks like for every supportive comment, there's someone who ridicules them for thinking outside the box. 

Majority of comments on the first post look supportive actually. Even the "dOn'T mAkE iT pOLiTiCaL" stuff from Trump/Farage retweeters is at least on board with the general idea lol.

Definitely need something like this and is a shame the Brigada lot before seemed to get shut down. I think having the safe standing in at the time would have given them a chance.

Which amongst other things unfortunately makes me think the new North Stand might not be the best place for this new group. As far as I can tell they plans to introduce safe standing at VP are for other areas of the ground, not the new North.

I'm guessing that it's a group in the current North Lower behind this. I'd assume this group sprung up in part because of the incredibly cheap season tickets originally offered in this section. I get the impression the new North will be the opposite, probably one of the more "premium" areas of the stadium, and if so doesn't feel like the best place to try and locate such a group.

Hope I'm wrong as would be good to see something like this take off.

• Like 2

I had a Google earlier to see the opinion on this from other fans perspective. 

Very smiler to the vibe on here. 

One comment summed it up. Clubs know that if the 'regular' fans don't attend, then they could sell the tickets to tourists or people who just want to watch one particular player. 

I think where footy has now become so accessible doesn't help either. I remember as a kid if you didn't go to a game, you'd listen to the radio, or have teletext on. Then you'd have to watch MOTD as it was the only way to see any highlights. Now, 10mins after the game has finished, you can go onto YouTube and watch it. 

4 hours ago, tomsky_11 said:

On the subject of ultras/fan groups, looks like maybe someone is trying to do something...

These Ultras, are they like football firms without the violence gear or burbury ? 

27 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

These Ultras, are they like football firms without the violence gear or burbury ? 

I think they are basically a section of fans, that will sing, chant, wave flags etc... despite what is happening on the pitch. 

Obviously in some countries, they have links to violence, South America in particular where they seem to be able to get into dressing rooms and threaten managers at HT and the like.

I would hope this 'project' is more down the lines of what we see in Germany and other European countries. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tomsky_11 said:

Majority of comments on the first post look supportive actually. Even the "dOn'T mAkE iT pOLiTiCaL" stuff from Trump/Farage retweeters is at least on board with the general idea lol.

Definitely need something like this and is a shame the Brigada lot before seemed to get shut down. I think having the safe standing in at the time would have given them a chance.

Which amongst other things unfortunately makes me think the new North Stand might not be the best place for this new group. As far as I can tell they plans to introduce safe standing at VP are for other areas of the ground, not the new North.

I'm guessing that it's a group in the current North Lower behind this. I'd assume this group sprung up in part because of the incredibly cheap season tickets originally offered in this section. I get the impression the new North will be the opposite, probably one of the more "premium" areas of the stadium, and if so doesn't feel like the best place to try and locate such a group.

Hope I'm wrong as would be good to see something like this take off.

Unfortunately Brigada's explicitly anti-racist stance caused them some issues with the neanderthal element in our support, which is sadly much larger, angrier and more organised than most people probably realise 

• Like 1

Â