Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

20 minutes ago, Mantis said:

we're one bad Watkins injury away from being in complete shit.

I really don't think so.

We have an actual system now. Everything won't just fall apart because of one injury.

Archer would do an absolutely fine job. I have no doubts.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I really don't think so.

We have an actual system now. Everything won't just fall apart because of one injury.

Archer would do an absolutely fine job. I have no doubts.

Why did you cut off the first part of my post, where I specifically said we needed Ings because we WOULD HAVE been in the shit if Watkins got injured? With a quality second striker I have no worries now.

32 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

An what if Watkins gets injured, the prolific Davis??

Keep him, we don't need to sell or need the £50 million.

Bring in another striker who is more versatile (more the Rashford profile, can play wide or through the middle)

50 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Why did you cut off the first part of my post, where I specifically said we needed Ings because we WOULD HAVE been in the shit if Watkins got injured? With a quality second striker I have no worries now.

And my point is we would not been in the shit had Watkins been injured even without Ings.

3 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

An what if Watkins gets injured, the prolific Davis??

Keep him, we don't need to sell or need the £50 million.

What do you think we would do with the 50 million if we sold one of our two strikers? Nothing ? Or do you think we would sign another striker, maybe younger who can improve and play in the system and would be happy to be 2nd choice in a 1 striker formation on cheaper wages  ?

While ings is the 15 to 20 goal striker we need on paper, its not, so far working quite how we hoped, and at his age it is unlikely we would recoup the money 

9 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

What do you think we would do with the 50 million if we sold one of our two strikers? Nothing ? Or do you think we would sign another striker, maybe younger who can improve and play in the system and would be happy to be 2nd choice in a 1 striker formation on cheaper wages  ?

While ings is the 15 to 20 goal striker we need on paper, its not, so far working quite how we hoped, and at his age it is unlikely we would recoup the money 

You don't think Newcastle will come for him in Jan ? 

He would seem an ideal fit for them.

13 hours ago, brummybloke said:

29 is a players peak age I should think we could recoup most of our money, especially in January when teams are desperate. Depends whether we could put that money to good use. 

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Shame he was injured the other night, would've been good to throw on at 1-2 and think he'd have buried one of two big chances we had in last 20 minutes.

Is he fit for this weekend?

I think so 

19 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I don't think we need another 30m striker just incase.

Christ the debate over Ings or Watkins either or both rages on still ffs

to be fair this debate lasted all summer in the tammy thread too

if ings is content then of course we keep him, if he's not then hopefully he's running through walls in training and gets back in somehow, id still like to see him as a 10 and interchanging with ollie, we have 2 strikers neither of which are out and out goal hanging 9s

if he's doing absolutely everything in training but not getting a sniff then yeah move him on but its a problem we have to solve if we want to do anything long term, we need good players in every position and the bench

11 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We have one of the best strikers in the league and fans are talking about selling him already? Am I missing something ?

Only that some people, for some unfathomable reason, seem to think we can rely on Cameron Archer and Keinan Davis if Watkins is injured again. 

Bizarre, we’re finally building strength in depth, why wouldn’t that be a good thing? Ings is quality and still has a big role to play here.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

Only that some people, for some unfathomable reason, seem to think we can rely on Cameron Archer and Keinan Davis if Watkins is injured again. 

Bizarre, we’re finally building strength in depth, why wouldn’t that be a good thing? Ings is quality and still has a big role to play here.

Ings is the wrong age 

Have to sell him now if we want to get some decent money out of him. 

Edited by villalad21

Â