Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

It always struck me as a strange signing, not just from the club (it was a waste of money), but for the player himself. 

I guess we threw enough money at him to come and you never know, he may prove me wrong, but why did he leave Saints for us when he knew Watkins was here and we play a 4-3-3? 

Very odd transfer. Will hamper us in the next few years due to his high wages. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Get the feeling he’s just going to be another player that ends up leeching big wages for years. Got that feeling as soon as he joined. 

See, that’s the odd thing. That is the absolute antithesis of Purslows model so why on earth did he sanction this?

A panic signing, nobody can convince me otherwise. 

• Like 1

On 07/08/2021 at 10:51, abdomlahor said:

i may be alone in this, but I keep on trying to justify this deal and I just can’t do it. I don’t doubt he’ll score goals for us in the short term, but I can’t help but think we were fine with wesley as back up to watkins who has earned that starting role up front. the money could have been invested better in other positions and on someone with more resale value.

unless we play 4-4-2 which I highly doubt will happen, the result seems to be a square peg in a round hole somewhere. should’ve signed someone to play in jack’s position who can also provide cover up front in case of injury.

I love the player, but that still doesn’t make it a logical signing.

put it this way…would you catch leicester signing a 29 year old for 30 million with one year left on his deal who has suffered niggling injuries throughout his career?

i stand by this. i never understood this signing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MNVillan said:

Are we sure he hasn’t faked his birth certificate? He looks and plays like he’s 40.

No offense to anyone who’s 40 on here.

A 50+ years old says hi 👋 

He’s not having much service, but doesn’t offer much out of the box. However, his work rate can’t be faulted, there were times he was dropping back into our half and pressing the midfield putting them under pressure and stopping Brighton play.

I seen glimpses today that given the right feeding he will do what Ings does good.

Still say Tammy would of been the better buy for us.

I think at the time we could of held off signing Ings and put that money into the midfield.

We've got ings now and somehow Gerrard has to get him scoring.

I remember when he joined how over the moon many were that the signing came out of knowledge, I also remember I'd obtain from commenting on him till later as he deserved as fair a time as the rest who joined. Let's face it as well Ings is no less pulling it off than other of our stars at the moment, we have multiple players playing below what they should be.

Today is not the day for this though, a loss streak was ended and still people find a way to complain against certain players. Today for Villa is a day to be happy not to mention for Gerrard he can move to the next steps of seeing what more he wants from players.

42 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

He’s feeding off scraps make no mistake about it. Sometimes we’d get the ball in our half and he seemed to be too deep and we had nothing on offer further up the pitch. Ollie starts in front of him for me every day of the week, crazy signing IMO

Struggling to remember when we ladt created proper chances for him. He isnt missing many sd probably gets a half chance a game

I never understood this signing. Nothing has happened to change my mind. He just doesn’t suit us in any way. I would get rid in January if a decent offer came in. I reckon we could offload him to Newcastle with a bit of luck. I think he is a decent player and a good goal scorer but he just doesn’t fit into our squad at all.

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Definitely not a panic buy...and we're feeding on scraps.

I don't know if anyone watched the last 2 or 3 months...we don't create chances.

Bang on. Without doubt the best finisher in the squad.

Also had covid, no surprise he couldn’t do a full 90 minutes.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well they say 50 is the new 40, 40 is the new 30 etc.

You might be 35 in a coupme years at this rate mate 😎

I’d take that fella 👍

17 hours ago, M_Afro said:

I never understood this signing. Nothing has happened to change my mind. He just doesn’t suit us in any way. I would get rid in January if a decent offer came in. I reckon we could offload him to Newcastle with a bit of luck. I think he is a decent player and a good goal scorer but he just doesn’t fit into our squad at all.

Offload him? Is this a joke?

Why don't we start delivering him some service so we can get the best out of him?

It's been a tough start to the season, the team have been out of form, pre-season was all over the place, we've had a change of manager and Ings has missed some games due to injury. A bit of stability at the club, and a change of playing style to get the best out of him and we'll see Ings bagging goals like he did for Southampton.

• Like 1

Â