Finn Azaz

villalad21

Oh god! I can see some people carping on about this bloke just like that flounder Jordan Bowery. 

Edited by jim

Sounds like we've helped make his move to Newport happen so we must have a reason for that. Potentially buttering Newport up to get hold of a hot prospect from the academy?

The only other thing I can think of is he would have worked with the guys we brought over from the WBA youth setup so maybe they saw something in him when they worked with him that they feel still hasn't been realised and more game time will help let that flourish. 

Don't think he's got as much potential to be a world beater as some of our academy but then again he's produced the goods at a professional level so he's a step ahead in his development. 

I thought players like Calum Rowe looked good enough for league 1 but he ended up in non-league on loan before getting released 

52 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Sounds like we've helped make his move to Newport happen so we must have a reason for that. Potentially buttering Newport up to get hold of a hot prospect from the academy?

This is my thought process, but then,  it's a lot of effort when I'm sure we could just offer them a 100k more for said hot prospect.

Guessing this is our new business model coming to the fore, and instead of losing 100k by my approach above, we're going to play the long game, sell this guy eventually,  and actually make money whilst also signing a hot prospect from Newport down the line. 

13 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Why don’t images load on here for me any more?! I’ve cleared my cache but no change, right annoying me, particularly as 40% of all posts are images these days round here

Off topic but I've noticed the same thing on mobile but it's specifically tweets that don't load.

Assumed it was my phone but might be one for the site issues forum

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Why don’t images load on here for me any more?! I’ve cleared my cache but no change, right annoying me, particularly as 40% of all posts are images these days round here

Same here if you solve it let me know. Tweets or anything else in quotes don’t load.

18 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Wait for it…..

spacer.png

I'm always confused by this gif. Are we sure that isn't ciaran Clark?

And if it is ciaran Clark why is he in a wheel chair? 

Edit: It is Clark and Bowrry

Edited by MotoMkali

Just now, MotoMkali said:

I'm always confused by this gif. Are we sure that isn't ciaran Clark?

And if it is ciaran Clark why is he in a wheel chair? 

I think we're sure it is

It's Clark and Bowery doing community work whilst they were at Villa

Edited by skarroki

He played in the first half tonight for Newport in a friendly against CInderford Town, they won 6-1 and were winning 3-0 at half-time when Azaz was subbed. They've got another game tomorrow against Cardiff so maybe resting him to give some minutes in that one as well.

Edited by useless
Correction the Cardiff game is this Saturday.
  • Thanks 2

On 26/07/2021 at 20:19, useless said:

The thing I find unusual about the Azaz signing is that we've loaned him to League Two side Newport, despite the fact he was one of Cheltenham's best players last season and helped them to promotion, you would have thought that they'd take him back as League One side, there was also talk of Albion wanting to keep him for next season as a squad player.

One of Cheltenhams best players last season? 🤣 Next someone will be saying Vasillev played a big part too....

He had the odd good game but was definitely not one of their best, ask any Cheltenham fan that. There's a reason he's gone back to League 2 and not rejoined Cheltenham.

Only 20 though, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt at the moment, still time to improve I guess. 

I looked on a Cheltenham forum and saw their comments on his twitter when he said goodbye and similar with Instagram, and most of them seemed to think he was one of their best players.

This is a player that Albion tried to keep as a championship club, pretty sure he's more than good enough for Cheltenham and whilst I don't know much about their current team or Finn Azaz himself for that matter, I'd more likely expect him to have a better career than any of their current players, I mean he's the one that's just been signed by a Premier League club after all.

Â