Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

@Aston_Villan4

Half the day passed me by . Good thing i'm not employed by anyone haha. Had to spend the whole day catching up on actually trying to be productive.

Was knocked out.

Re: Bailey, in my heavily biased opinion, I just want us to get it done, if we were willing to push to these figures for ESR, Bailey is well worth it.

As a couple of others have said, he hasn't hit the prodigal heights he was predicted to, YET, but that's where we come in.

We have a knack of getting top talents in who have lost their way a bit, nurturing them to become their best selves.

He has the talent in droves.

Settling in will be no issue, as you all know, loads of Jamaicans/Caribbean's in Brum, he might like it even more than Germany.

Further more, i've got family living literally minutes away from VP if he ever needs a home cooked meal. lol

OT but Caribbean food is too good!

Has he signed yet?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Isn't Adama Traore basically the exact same player?

Bailey seems to have some end product. Given the physical attributes Traore has he should be piling up the assists and goals. 

Been seeing some talk about how he's actually not that good and that Bayer are happy to let him go. And suddenly, this signing makes a whole lot more sense to me. He's another player who's being underrated by his club ala Traore. Would align a lot with the signings we've made these past seasons.

Let me just say, if we get Bailey and he performs well for us, can we just collectively agree never to listen what the fans of these clubs say about the player we're trying to buy? I'm willing to bet the kid who got 9 goals and 8 assists in the Bundesliga at 23 is actually pretty **** good.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

8 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Been seeing some talk about how he's actually not that good and that Bayer are happy to let him go. And suddenly, this signing makes a whole lot more sense to me. He's another player who's being underrated by his club ala Traore. Would align a lot with the signings we've made these past seasons.

Let me just say, if we get Bailey and he performs well for us, can we just collectively agree never to listen what the fans of these clubs say about the player we're trying to buy? I'm willing to bet the kid who got 9 goals and 8 assists in the Bundesliga at 23 is actually pretty **** good.

Most I've seen is fans saying he was their best player last season and that they should no even consider any bids below €50m.

9 minutes ago, supermon said:

Hasn't Fabrizio Romano said anything yet, he's almost like Villareport these days. 

F*%^**g Villareport. Absolute charlatan.

Edited by 7392craig
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, sne said:

Most I've seen is fans saying he was their best player last season and that they should no even consider any bids below €50m.

They had a disappointing season last season, starting a rebuild and a freshen up, looking to cash in on him to fund it, they have a lot of depth in that position, already bought a relatively expensive CB for them 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

They had a disappointing season last season, starting a rebuild and a freshen up, looking to cash in on him to fund it, they have a lot of depth in that position, already bought a relatively expensive CB for them 

Yeah, €30m or so, the guy used to play in Sweden and his former club Hammarby are getting 10-15% which in Swedish football is a huge sum.

15 minutes ago, sne said:

And in very likely unrelated Leverkusen news

Could be the start of the zombie apocalypse..god knows what will be floating around in that chemical death cloud..return of the living dead springs to mind!

I'd be a bit worried if Leicester lodge a bid, slightly less worried if Everton do. While obviously Wolves or Southampton aren't rivals so their interest doesn't matter. 

Leicester have European football and have been competing at the top end of the league for a few seasons and right in the top 4 mix down to the last day 2 seasons running. They are an attractive place to go for a player like Bailey. 

Everton are in habit of offering very big wages and would likely exceed what we would offer. They've a more well known manager too. 

We've got a team on the rise and we have whatever amazing sales pitch we put in to get Buendia so excited. 

Â