Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

23 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We've got a team on the rise and we have whatever amazing sales pitch we put in to get Buendia so excited. 

blah...blah..money...blah....and we have Jack Grealish in our side btw!

Edited by MarkLillis

17 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I'd be a bit worried if Leicester lodge a bid, slightly less worried if Everton do. While obviously Wolves or Southampton aren't rivals so their interest doesn't matter. 

Leicester have European football and have been competing at the top end of the league for a few seasons and right in the top 4 mix down to the last day 2 seasons running. They are an attractive place to go for a player like Bailey. 

Everton are in habit of offering very big wages and would likely exceed what we would offer. They've a more well known manager too. 

We've got a team on the rise and we have whatever amazing sales pitch we put in to get Buendia so excited. 

The mere fact, you say that, says a lot for Leicester.....they have manged to find a decent level of consistency, which I admire.

In all my years, Leicester were in Villa's shadow, in the midlands, shows how development has paid off....I am impressed particularly with the midfield signings they make over recent seasons, Tielemans, Kante,Ndidi and now Soumare all contribute to that consistency and balance...not to mention the quality full backs they seem to find.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Leicester are a very well run club. They accept season to season variability but add to their squad as the see the right places to add

They are......for some time now they have managed to find very good players at reasonable prices other Prem teams have not.....They must have a good formula for spotting talent.

Edited by TRO

Up until this summer we pretty much have had no sell-able assets apart from Grealish.

Leicester have sold players for about €350m in the last 5 years and spent about €550m counting this summer. Year after year they have sold of some of their biggest names and to their credit they have been excellent at replacing them but I'm not sure this is the approach we want to take. Could easily end up like Southampton rather than Leicester.

Very impressed with their transfer business thou but easier said than done, especially for us who are not yet established this time around.

Bailey would make sense for Leicester if the go back to the back 4 but maybe less so if the continue with 2 strikers like the signing of Daka would suggest. Then again it's never bad to have options.

51 minutes ago, TRO said:

They are......for some time now they have managed to find very good players at reasonable prices other Prem teams have not.....They must have a good formula for spotting talent.

Its the Brentford+ model. With the recruitment of one or two ex Leicester scouts and data analysts I thought we were going down the same route, but has yet to materialise. 

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

Its the Brentford+ model. With the recruitment of one or two ex Leicester scouts and data analysts I thought we were going down the same route, but has yet to materialise. 

We are still couple years behind

42 minutes ago, sne said:

Could easily end up like Southampton rather than Leicester.

Similar to Swansea, Southampton were sold and the new owners went in a different direction I believe. If they had kept on the same path they might be up there with Leicester now. 

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

I'd be a bit worried if Leicester lodge a bid, slightly less worried if Everton do. While obviously Wolves or Southampton aren't rivals so their interest doesn't matter. 

Leicester have European football and have been competing at the top end of the league for a few seasons and right in the top 4 mix down to the last day 2 seasons running. They are an attractive place to go for a player like Bailey. 

Everton are in habit of offering very big wages and would likely exceed what we would offer. They've a more well known manager too. 

Agreed, but I genuinely feel we can beat Leicester out for him. Yes Leicester are a brilliant club, Premier League winner, Europe etc 

However to me, they are just a bit " boring ".I think with us, we are selling a vision to players to come and help us skyrocket to the upper echelons and beyond, we can probably match or outbid any wage they can pay as well.

Might be my bias/gut/wishes speaking but just got a feeling with Baily. The move just " feels right ".

I more fear losing out to Leicester when it comes to exotic European players, but not Caribbeans etc for some reason.

We grew up knowing and watching Villa. ( Dwight etc )

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

He looks a bit like Tyreik from Power 

A wish.com Exclusive version.

Hope he is nothing like Tariq, I still get upset when I see that little shits face, and it's just a character 🤣

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 2

Â