Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

I feel like I'm missing something with people saying he's a RW not a LW? I always understood he was comfortable both sides. I feel like I've seen him more on the left than right but maybe that's an anecdotal coincidence?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

One thing I don't get is Bailey, Buendia and Traore are all right-side players.

Buendia in the middle isn't his favoured position.

Jack stays on the left then? 

Watkins 

Grealish   Buendia    Bailey 

Not rly tho, Bailey is left or right, Buendia is central or right, Grealish is mostly left but can do central, Traore is right ofc, i just think it would be options.

ie: Grealish could play central if needed, with Bailey on left and Buendia on right, or grealish left, buendia central and bailey right, just so many options, allowing for suspension, injuries etc.

6 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I think it’s just as likely that these signings are meant as a sign of intent to keep Jack. Perhaps the club is serious about those European ambitions? 

I dunno man. I’m just making a bunch of posts to improve my ranking. Haven’t posted this much in my 11 years on this site! What are we even talking about? 

On a serious note… yes hopefully! 

Edited by Tayls
  • Haha 1

Just now, skarroki said:

I feel like I'm missing something with people saying he's a RW not a LW? I always understood he was comfortable both sides. I feel like I've seen him more on the left than right but maybe that's an anecdotal coincidence?

Majority of the time he played on the right but he is versatile enough to play anywhere.

Bailey would make me feel that there could be some truth in the rumours that El Ghazi could be leaving would kind of make sense in that the report that broke the news of our interest in Bailey also stated that we'd listen to offers for our Dutch wizard, if they were right about one good chance they were right about the other. It would leave us with Buendia, Grealish, Bailey and Traoré as wide options as well as Philogene-Bidace.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

@Dave-R

Must admit I did believe a number of players who can rotate during a game would be so difficult for the opposition. 

We saw it on a few occasions last season for fleeting minutes too.

Yes your right, we seen our front line as in Watkins, Grealish, Traore swapping alot and interchanging. One game me and my son were saying what's going on here, nobody was sticking to their positions as it was manic. Those three and more were just running across the field as if they were taking sandwiches and drinks to each side of the stadiums crowds all while playing football. They did it so well and with epic pace as well and when Traore and Grealish play at the same time,they seem to have one wicked connectivity.

I hope we get Bailey I really do.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Loxstock92 said:

Now it feels like rashica 2.0 😂

That's the Tammy thread 😋😂

Just throw them 40 and say get him to us now ffs.

Let's get this one done.

Edited by Dave-R

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Bailey would make me feel that there could be some truth in the rumours that El Ghazi could be leaving would kind of make sense in that the report that broke the news of our interest in Bailey also stated that we'd listen to offers for our Dutch wizard, if they were right about one good chance they were right about the other. It would leave us with Buendia, Grealish, Bailey and Traoré as wide options as well as Philogene-Bidace.

Ghazi should be leaving for deffo if Bailey comes in.

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Ghazi should be leaving for deffo if Bailey comes in.

And it is time for him to move on tbh. He won’t get a look in if we keep Grealish and sign Bailey. I’d argue he’d be below the likes of JPB now in the ranking. 

If we can get 7-10m for him, it would be a great bit of business. 

• Like 1

Â