Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

6 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

One thing I don't get is Bailey, Buendia and Traore are all right-side players.

Buendia in the middle isn't his favoured position.

Jack stays on the left then? 

Watkins 

Grealish   Buendia    Bailey 

Versatility. Just look at Baileys whoscored. Primarily on the right but he played everywhere.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/327682/Show/Leon-Bailey

Really important we get a replacement for Grealish in ASAP so this is a good start. Should be enough time to gel with the rest of the team before the season kicks off

Edited by Tayls
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Really important we get a replacement for Grealish in ASAP so this is a good start. Should be enough time to gel with the rest of the team before the season kicks off

Stop it immediately.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

You know in Robot Wars how there was that robot designed by the Walrus dude from Mythbusters that looked like an upside down collander that spun around at an insane speed and shredded everything that got anywhere near it?

Like that.

CYmJLN1WwAA1WMJ.png

Just now, Greenfly said:

Stop it immediately.

Just mentioned it in the Grealish thread, but I reckon he has gone. Too many things happening at the moment. Hope not, of course, but… unfortunately I think he will be leaving us this summer. 

Just now, Tayls said:

Just mentioned it in the Grealish thread, but I reckon he has gone. Too many things happening at the moment. Hope not, of course, but… unfortunately I think he will be leaving us this summer. 

This sort of talk will win you no friends here pal

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Jamaican fans now doing their best Euros English fan impersonations.

" GET BAILEY ON ... Chuh bomboclaat! FFS " 🤣

I might need to give the British Villa/Grealish fans an apology for Euros, we are starting to feel your pain here. Lol

Also deep in the beers, and this is the only Jamaican related post on site, so forgive me for turning it into the Jamaica Vs US Gold Cup thread.

Shaun......my wifes maiden name was Roz Clarke....I will leave the rest to your imaginative Rasta version...say it slowish.😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Watkins 

I don’t think the 3 of Grealish, Buendia and potentially Bailey will have set positions. They will interchange, it’s going to be fun to watch 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Lols

19 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Watkins 

But they can also be used in other positions as they also play in other area Zhan.

Bailey can play LW,RW and CF

Traore can play CF and RW not sur eif there is any other areas that he can.

Buendia can play LW,RW and CAM.

Now I understand your concerns but we have been successful at moving people about and making use of there other positions. It all seems like we're going after players who can play multiple positions. Just because one players main position is let's say RW it's lol doesn't mean he has to continue playing that position under us if he joins us, a it means really is he's been utilised that way for a long time.

Look at Grealish, his main position was CAM, yet he was switched to the left and he is better there but always has a little dig at it because he prefers the CAM role lol.

These things do happen but to accommodate the players you want you just have to adjust at times

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I think it’s just as likely that these signings are meant as a sign of intent to keep Jack. Perhaps the club is serious about those European ambitions? 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, beachboys1 said:

can bailey be used as centerfoeward if watkins get injured

Nah not really. Sure he could do a job when we are defending a lead late and want to hit teams on the counter due to his pace but he is a wide player.

14 minutes ago, Newry_Villan said:

Any good folk out there able to translate? Looks promising. 

Screenshot_20210726_214437.jpg

From google translate:

Leon Bailey is supposed to leave Sky Infos Bayer 04 Leverkusen, the Werkself have received an offer from Aston Villa. According to sky expert Max Bielefeld, Leverkusen was also handed over to the 23-year-old: "There they are of the opinion that it was probably better for both parties to part ways." Bailey currently has a contract until 2023

Edited by Aston_Villan4

12 minutes ago, Tayls said:

If we sign McNeill as well as Bailey then I think you could be right. But I doubt that will happen. We would be foolish to sell Grealish and not bring in a replacement, and I don’t think Bailey is a replacement for him.

Â