Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Ghazi should be leaving for deffo if Bailey comes in.

why?

If we got Bailey (or another winger), thats Grealish, Buendia, Bailey (or other), Traore, El Ghazi & Bidace etc, not overly stocked even with those all here.

Just a quick look at their forum and translating it, he gets some good praise on their and they really see him as a big part of their squad but if he goes for the fee being touted, they understand it.

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

And it is time for him to move on tbh. He won’t get a look in if we keep Grealish and sign Bailey. I’d argue he’d be below the likes of JPB now in the ranking. 

If we can get 7-10m for him, it would be a great bit of business. 

That'd be abysmal business... Should be £17-20M range

Just now, MaVilla said:

why?

If we got Bailey (or another winger), thats Grealish, Buendia, Bailey (or other), Traore, El Ghazi & Bidace etc, not overly stocked even with those all here.

We can’t afford to stockpile players. I think the club have been dead set against that from the start. I also think A. Young can cover wide left if needs be. 

El Ghazi’s stock is as high as it ever has been and may ever will be right now and if we sign Bailey, we’ll just have too many options across that front 3 to ever really need to use him. 

He’s been a good servant and he has an excellent attitude. The penalty against Wolves was worth his transfer fee alone - that took bottle. 

If we get a decent offer in for him, I think the club will sell. We’re going places and he just isn’t anywhere near the standard we need if we genuinely want to reach them. 

• Like 1

This is a player who was ranked 13th out of all players in the Bundesliga on average score last season on both Sofascore and Whoscored.

Sites like that and scores like that are arbitrary and not to be taken too seriously but it's still an indication that he had a very good season indeed last year.

7 minutes ago, Jono62 said:

Just need Evans to tweet about 'Villa are interested in Bailey' 

Rashica was the one time that berk could have gained some credibility.

He really scoffed and poo-pooed it on a podcast... then the links got louder and louder and as it looked like he was happening he dived in on twitter saying yep, looks like it's happening soon.

Splat. Deal dead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

We can’t afford to stockpile players. I think the club have been dead set against that from the start. I also think A. Young can cover wide left if needs be. 

El Ghazi’s stock is as high as it ever has been and may ever will be right now and if we sign Bailey, we’ll just have too many options across that front 3 to ever really need to use him. 

He’s been a good servant and he has an excellent attitude. The penalty against Wolves was worth his transfer fee alone - that took bottle. 

If we get a decent offer in for him, I think the club will sell. We’re going places and he just isn’t anywhere near the standard we need if we genuinely want to reach them. 

i would be a happy bunny if we offloaded El Ghazi for a few mil (assuming we got bailey or similar), just saying im not sure if we would, or if we would get an offer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i want to be excited, but i just cant right now......not sure if this is ESR (ie: rumours and lazy links/clicks) etc, all over again lol.

It’s completely different on nearly every level but understand why you wouldn’t want to get excited. 

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

I’d be all for it! I just can’t see it. If anyone pays that amount then their scouts need to be sacked. 

I mean. Goal returns are everything, the lad scores, he's no worse than Traore and we payed £17-20M... You look at players like Solanke going for more, Ibe for more. 

He's a better player than you give him credit for. 

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i want to be excited, but i just cant right now......not sure if this is ESR (ie: rumours and lazy links/clicks) etc, all over again lol.

We bid twice for ESR. It was never lazy links and for clicks. Every other thread on here is lazy links and for clicks but ESR very clearly wasn't

3 minutes ago, Dale said:

I mean. Goal returns are everything, the lad scores, he's no worse than Traore and we payed £17-20M... You look at players like Solanke going for more, Ibe for more. 

He's a better player than you give him credit for. 

I don’t think he is that much worse than Traore, but then, I don’t much rate him either! 

Maybe he is a better player than I give him credit for but either way, I’d be shocked if someone came in for him at 17-20m. 

Its absolutely no surprise the club are going all out on the wide right position and the no. 10 position this season. Traore and Barkley were well below par in most games last season. 

Edited by Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

We bid twice for ESR. It was never lazy links and for clicks. Every other thread on here is lazy links and for clicks but ESR very clearly wasn't

ye maybe, but my point is, i dont want to get excited over bailey until there is something more concrete than "Sky reports X/Y/Z", thats all.

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

ye maybe, but my point is, i dont want to get excited over bailey until there is something more concrete than "Sky reports X/Y/Z", thats all.

If it was Sky in England I’d be inclined to agree! 

Â