Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

That guy seems to have posted a long Twitter thread which boils down to "Transfers are hard. Grealish might sign he might not"

Classic ITK

It was cringy, his editor should have made him take it down for being unprofessional. Preece took down a tweet recently for a lot less 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jas10 said:

There’s been so much negativity and pessimism lately… why?

“Jack’s leaving”, “players are too good for us”, “another Rashica”, “why aren’t we signing anyone?”, “we’re going to struggle”, “we’ll go with what we have”… etc. etc. etc.

Doesn’t it make sense to be patient and see how things pan out? And in the meantime be a bit optimistic and positive after what was, overall, a season of great progression for us both on and off the pitch.

The window’s still open until the end of August… deals take time…

Do people not agree that we are an attractive club and have an exciting and ambitious project that players would like to join?

Why do we see ourselves as inferior? There’s so much that is right about our club right now whereas many are in turmoil or decline, whether that’s on the financial, managerial or player side…

We have no debt and are looking to make a mark, we actually have some stability and are looking strong… we want to compete and climb that table this season…

Business is being done, we’re just not privy to it (all), signings will happen, we want to do better than last season, we have an exciting young team to build on, a great manager, one of the best players around, possibly the next Argentinian star, one of the best goalkeepers around, a solid defence, a brilliant striker, a great youth set up and selection of players… 

and we will be bringing more/higher quality players in…

Big plans and ambitions from our owners who are constantly investing into and upgrading all aspects of the club, a planned stadium expanison…

Need I go on?

We are in a good place and the only way is up, players like Bailey are not “too good for us” and I’m sure would like to join such an exciting team and project…

Chins up lads…

but we lost to Stoke....😂

I'm just kidding.🤪

To be fair to him he did also try to explain that he doesn't like reporting on transfers because its so speculative and the demand for ITK from the fans is so high for which I can kind of see the point 

The top journalists such as Henry Winter who can get away with doing actual journalism don't have to put up with this shit 

He could do a pulitzer winning piece  tomorrow and be met with 100 repsonses of "are we signing grealish" on twitter 

Its a problem of both the platform and football journalism, the profession largely has itself to blame thanks to charlatans like Balague and now Romano

• Like 1

Look a quality player but I'd rather we focused on fixing the midfield more.

I worry

A little Arsenal escue over this. Signing a lot of flair but not enough "steel" to balance it all out.

Edited by villalad21

20 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Look a quality player but I'd rather we focused on fixing the midfield more.

I worry

A little Arsenal escue over this. Signing a lot of flair but not enough "steel" to balance it all out.

We could just put Davis in midfield.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We could just put Davis in midfield.

Unironically, I think his potential may lie as an attacking midfielder/second striker. He was playing in that position behind Ollie when he came on in the Fulham and West Brom matches(his best performances) instead of as part of a striker duo according to whoscored. Meanwhile, his worst performances seem to come when he plays up front as a lone striker.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NoelVilla said:

Wonder who we talked to before if we weren't talking direct with Bayer Leverkusen.

the operator for football transfers, we were on hold for 8 days

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 7392craig said:

I assume his agent. Or is that tapping up?

Based on the reports (I know) Leverkusen have given him permission to seek a move. At which point, his agent is free to talk to whomever he wants. It seems to be normal practice these days for contract terms to be agreed before a fee is finalised.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Bild are apparently reporting that we're €5m short of Leverkusen's asking price and that Leicester and Wolves are also now interested.

Without be well annoyed if he ends up at any of those two clubs, who knows maybe that's a tactic to get us to up the price

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, supermon said:

Without be well annoyed if he ends up at any of those two clubs, who knows maybe that's a tactic to get us to up the price

5m euros is nothing in the grand scheme of things. Hopefully this is old news and we are really close to getting it sorted.

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

People just don't like being wrong, or being perceived to be wrong. They'll move heaven and earth just to say "well technically I'm not wrong".

And as an extension of that, it's actually de rigeur in certain circles these days to aggressively state the opposite of commonly accepted reality. Hence, commonly accepted reality is fundamentally undermined. All thanks to the internet and the current crop of cynical proto facists who see an opportunity to twist our melons.

• Like 1

Â