Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

Wolves got £20m for each of Costa and Cavaleiro, that's £40m for the both of them, and neither have been anywhere as good as El Ghazi in the premier league, not just in terms of stats but general play as well, which why Wolves quickly sold both of them and they're now both said to be out of favor at Leeds and Fulham. At the very least we should be looking for a similar fee for El Ghazi, a player capable of scoring ten goals in the premier league shouldn't come cheap even wth only two years left on his contract.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Wolves got £20m for each of Costa and Cavaleiro, that's £40m for the both of them, and neither have been anywhere as good as El Ghazi in the premier league, not just in terms of stats but general play as well, which why Wolves quickly sold both of them and they're now both said to be out of favor at Leeds and Fulham. At the very least we should be looking for a similar fee for El Ghazi, a player capable of scoring ten goals in the premier league shouldn't come cheap even wth only two years left on his contract.

The teams that paid those figures were mugs. If we can find a mug who would pay £20m for El Ghazi, that will be a deal that happens very very quickly.

• Like 2

Very much doubt Bailey coming in would mean AEG going, that would leave us short with Trez out if there was an injury. I think it would allow them to listen to offers and then get Alvarez in as AEG’s replacement. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

One thing I don't get is Bailey, Buendia and Traore are all right-side players.

Buendia in the middle isn't his favoured position.

Jack stays on the left then? 

Watkins 

Grealish   Buendia    Bailey 

Bailey and Buendia can play on either side. Much more likely to be jack through the middle imo. 

11 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

The teams that paid those figures were mugs. If we can find a mug who would pay £20m for El Ghazi, that will be a deal that happens very very quickly.

Agreed, nobody will pay £20m for him in post covid market.

According to transfer market his value is £11.7m (the highest it's ever been), it sounds reasonable and I would Be happy with it.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/anwar-el-ghazi/profil/spieler/183720

1 minute ago, Czarnikjak said:

According to transfer market his value is £11.7m (the highest it's ever been), it sounds reasonable and I would Be happy with it.

Transfermarkt is great for many things except actual value. They are completely reactionary and will update value tenfold for example after player X gets bought for that amount

• Like 2

1 hour ago, skarroki said:

I feel like I'm missing something with people saying he's a RW not a LW? I always understood he was comfortable both sides. I feel like I've seen him more on the left than right but maybe that's an anecdotal coincidence?

Played mostly as a RW this past year. But in the past was mostly a LW 

6 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

Transfermarkt current have Jack valued at €65mil. Their values are often wildly incorrect. 

50 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

We can’t afford to stockpile players. I think the club have been dead set against that from the start. I also think A. Young can cover wide left if needs be. 

El Ghazi’s stock is as high as it ever has been and may ever will be right now and if we sign Bailey, we’ll just have too many options across that front 3 to ever really need to use him. 

He’s been a good servant and he has an excellent attitude. The penalty against Wolves was worth his transfer fee alone - that took bottle. 

If we get a decent offer in for him, I think the club will sell. We’re going places and he just isn’t anywhere near the standard we need if we genuinely want to reach them. 

If we sell him we will need to bring another in. We will essentially have 4 players for 3 positions if Bailey occurs and we sell El Ghazi, 5 if you count Sanson but he seems more likely to play in the pivot. 5 is the bare minimum you need for the 3 in behind your striker. We ideally need 6. Last season we started with 5 and ended up with 2 for about 5 games. We can't have that happen again. 

2 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Transfermarkt current have Jack valued at €65mil. Their values are often wildly incorrect. 

Yes, their values can often be incorrect. But £12m for el ghazi feels about right, and I can see someone paying it.

2 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Indeed, their values would be roughly correct for a player in something like the Belgian League but once we are talking about the too 5 leagues in Europe their values are under half of what the player will generally sell for. Covid market has made them more accurate with the likes of Bailey going for supposedly around their market values (even in that case about 7 mil less apparently). 

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

That's the Tammy thread 😋😂

Just throw them 40 and say get him to us now ffs.

Let's get this one done.

Aye Dave id go pick him up myself if i didnt have to quarantine when i got back 😂 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

what do u reckon, Bailey and Watkins chasing down Grealish and Buendia through balls?

road runner goodbye GIF by Looney Tunes

I can see that...i can also see the opposition just walk through our current midfield like it isnt there just like 2nd half of last season

• Like 2

Â