Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

31 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Could play as a striker

he did!

i feel like he could end up being our version of Heung-Min Son, someone who had a slow start for his first season or so in England but ended up being a key player. 

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Made the finish look so easy. Was great for first half hour and then Man. United started that system fouling tactic of many of the splitter six and I was just wanting him not to go off injured yet again.

He's been decent in most of the home games this season (should've had an assist and scored v Chelsea) so key now is to get him more involved away from home.

Finally looking like a 25m player in premier league anyway.

Yeah that was an underrated finish. He had to be precise to beat de Gea from that angle. The way he struck it, obviously intentional, allowed him to find the corner with a bit more power than a normal side footer would have done.

7 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Dirty little prick that Martinez 

Interesting shot of the ref in that first part.

When Martinez gives Bailey an elbow Eriksen happens to block his view, so he likely thought Bailey was overreacting to the first shoulder.

So... where is VAR, then?

He's one of them players, when he's on form, he looks World class, other times, he can look disinterested . That's how it is with a lot of wide players. When they're utilised correctly, yesterday is the result. 

He certainly has the capability to become a claret and blue legend, imo. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jas10 said:

That was a absolute joke. Can the ref provide video evidence that leon was elbowing martinez like he was to bailey?

The refs are a **** joke when we play united. They always always side with them.

But you know what we didnt need the refs cheating to beat them. We beat them by doing it the right way and being better than them

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

re watching the game, it looks to me like Bailey was basically playing the Danjuma role at Villarreal, as kind of a hybrid roaming striker/winger/inside forward.

By the end of this season, it will be called the Bailey role.

6 hours ago, Tom13 said:

In the words of Michael Jordan, 'from this moment on, Martinez is on my list'. Can't stand the guy.

They lost their first team c*** to injury, so they had to bring on a substitute c***. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

re watching the game, it looks to me like Bailey was basically playing the Danjuma role at Villarreal, as kind of a hybrid roaming striker/winger/inside forward.

JJ was all over the place as well, wide at times, other times like an inside forward. 

What is this flexible tactics voodoo?

6 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Dirty little prick that Martinez 

There was an angle they showed of it which had the linesman in shot and he sees the elbow and looks straight to the referee and does nothing. Pathetic from the officials and VAR.

Â