Euro 2020 : Semi finals and final

BOF

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

Sterling was good tonight, but feck me, the best ever? Go and have a bag of crisps you spunk trumpet 

Sterling, missed one didnt score another and lost the ball more than 50% of the time. If that deserves the greatest ever tag then the 1966 boys must be turning in their graves

• Like 1

I don’t give a flying **** about the dive. We’ve been screwed over over the last few decades by dodgy penalties, corrupt referees and cheating by opposition so many times for it to even register as an injustice. I was cheering for the penalty. I cheered when we scored. 

I just hate Southgate. He ruins it for me. I’m happy for the players that they won it in spite of Garth. 

Edited by Ingram85

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Just interviewed on Talksport, he said Denmark wer'e too threatening so he had to go with 5 at the back. Was gonna be Sterling but he still saw the threat he was still offering. He then went on to say the anxiety went away once he changed it.

Why do managers lie. It was worst when Grealish went off, everyone saw that, it put us under pressure with Denmark playing with 10, they nearly scored even. Grealish holds up the ball surely?

spacer.png

That seems incredibly counterintuitive. Sterling is a massive liability with possession. Grealish is exactly the kind of player you'd want on in that situation.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'm happy England won, but don't you feel subbing Jack off was wrong? (caveat - assuming he wan't injured)

Unless we are all about winning at any cost? Including embarrassing your players and diving for pens. 

Maybe i'm a little precious at the moment but I'm finding it hard to enthusiastic. That may change by Sunday of course. 

I don't think he took Grealish off to embarrass him, and it doesn't look like Grealish has taken it that way. It's not the change I would have made, but at the end of the day it worked and I'm not second guessing the manager.

My honest reaction to the penalty is that people are over-reacting, it was a marginal decision and we got lucky. I'm not going to cry about it.

(Whatever dipshit was shining a light into Schmeichel's eyes should be found and banned for life though)

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

It's like they've never heard of contractual PR.

He was also *beaming* at the final whistle.

(And why wouldn't he be really? Maybe he was pretty chuffed to be part of an England side reaching a final for the first time in 55 years. Maybe he's not as precious as everyone on this thread assumes.)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I don't think he took Grealish off to embarrass him, and it doesn't look like Grealish has taken it that way. It's not the change I would have made, but at the end of the day it worked and I'm not second guessing the manager.

My honest reaction to the penalty is that people are over-reacting, it was a marginal decision and we got lucky. I'm not going to cry about it.

(Whatever dipshit was shining a light into Schmeichel's eyes should be found and banned for life though)

Yeah it has to be this^

As disappointing as aspects of it can be, at the end of the day it's still a win. A dirty feeling one at that but England are playing for a Euro Final for the first time in over 50 years. That needs to be celebrated more than raging about a Grealish sub or weak penalty being given.

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Like 3

I have to admit Southgates treatment of aJack is damping my joy at reaching the final.

On the other hand ,Sterling was our best player on the night and I think he is keeping Jack out of the team.Look at Rashford and Sancho they aren’t playing at all.

I think Villa fans and Jack have to be grateful for any time he gets on the pitch.
Jack will only get on the pitch if we need a goal.

I'm a massive massive fan of him, think he's a great talent 

But no **** way does saka start the final 

Sterling is barking up the wrong tree, he's quality and absolutely has to start, he's our best player 

Mount I'm not sure, somethings not right with him

• Like 2

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

He was also *beaming* at the final whistle.

(And why wouldn't he be really? Maybe he was pretty chuffed to be part of an England side reaching a final for the first time in 55 years. Maybe he's not as precious as everyone on this thread assumes.)

Couldn’t agree more with this. He looked as delighted as anybody to have played his part in getting England to a major final.

I actually find the reading into his body language etc. all a bit odd and makes us look pretty small time.

Southgate has made a decision (not one that I’d have made) to try and see out the game. At the end of the day it’s worked and we’ve won a semi final.

He’ll likely turn to Grealish again come 60 minutes in the final if we need a goal. That’s Jack’s role and once we got the goal he clearly felt that tightening it up was the way to go. 

• Like 2

Â