Euro 2020 : Semi finals and final

BOF

15 minutes ago, penguin said:

Think that’s broken me. Genuinely wanted England to concede at the end, literally don’t give a shit what happens on Sunday.

This is about where I am, maybe I'll feel different on Sunday. It's like getting to the top by shitting on your mum on the way up.

Subbing Jack is one thing, diving is another.

And before all the happy clappers tell me there was contact, take a closer look. There's more contact between me and you 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Least attacking?  Perfect player for a Southgate team!

Exactly my point! He won't take any risks against Italy. 

He'll need Jack after 65 mins though

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Exactly my point! He won't take any risks against Italy. 

He'll need Jack after 65 mins though

He should be back at Bodymoor with the rest of "our" team.

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

There's no doubt Sterling should have come off, we didn't wanna score again, he was blowing. It just proves now Southgate has his favourites, Mount come off to be saved for the final I bet!

Mount who did absolute **** all.

Just now, rjw63 said:

Lineker/BBC rimjob at i's best

spacer.png

Sterling was good tonight, but feck me, the best ever? Go and have a bag of crisps you spunk trumpet 

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

Gareth clearly hates Jack. I don’t think I’m over reacting with that. 
He had several more logical options to take off, and he would have known how humiliating it would be to take Jack off, but still did it.
Jack keeps the ball and wins free kicks, EXACTLY the kind of player needed.

Its like he’s trying to teach Jack a lesson for some reason.

I don’t know who the more logical options were to take off. Southgate wanted to move to 5 at the back so his options to take off were Foden, Sterling and Grealish.

Foden had come on later than Grealish and Sterling continued to be one of the better England players on the pitch right up to the last minute.

I disagree with the decision to bring an extra defender on as I thought we were on top and could have killed the game off but as soon as Trippier was ready to come on it was pretty obvious who’d be taken off.

As I say, I’d have rather kept the formation as it was but in the end Southgate has got us to a European Championship final so I guess the ends justify the means.

Edited by tom_avfc
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Absolutely baffling reactions on this thread, I absolutely cannot understand people on here. It's like we've somehow gathered all of the 1% of people who are miserable about this in one place. There's nobody in the real world who is moaning about this lads. 

I'm happy England won, but don't you feel subbing Jack off was wrong? (caveat - assuming he wan't injured)

Unless we are all about winning at any cost? Including embarrassing your players and diving for pens. 

Maybe i'm a little precious at the moment but I'm finding it hard to enthusiastic. That may change by Sunday of course. 

18 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Absolutely baffling reactions on this thread, I absolutely cannot understand people on here. It's like we've somehow gathered all of the 1% of people who are miserable about this in one place. There's nobody in the real world who is moaning about this lads. 

I think there’s a big difference between moaning and feeling empty about winning by diving for a penalty to reach a final and the English fans (again) being words removed.

But it’s not like we bang on about the Hand of God or anything, I guess. 

There's no way Southgate would have subbed off any other player he brought on other than Grealish ,  tonight has finally convinced me he only picks Jack cause he is forced to rather than wanting to.

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Barf..

Has Southgate not said why he brought Grealish off yet?

Just interviewed on Talksport, he said Denmark wer'e too threatening so he had to go with 5 at the back. Was gonna be Sterling but he still saw the threat he was still offering. He then went on to say the anxiety went away once he changed it.

Why do managers lie. It was worst when Grealish went off, everyone saw that, it put us under pressure with Denmark playing with 10, they nearly scored even. Grealish holds up the ball surely?

Â