Euro 2020 : Quarter finals

BOF

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

That is a factual statement.

But look at the teams they have had to beat to do that. That was why the Germany win was so big - it was the first decent country Southgate has actually beaten in tournament football. Although a pretty poor vintage for Germany.

In the past tournaments we have gone out to Brazil, Portugal, Italy, a good German team. Southgate has never come up against a team like that (apart from Croatia at the 2018 WC) and he lost. You can only beat what is put in front of you but I do think he's been lucky with the draws he's had.

Yep. Denmark are a bigger test and Italy (probably) will be head and shoulders the best team he’s faced.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

That isnt going to be an issue imo. They know the job is to win the trophy. Getting to the semi isn't enough. I dont see Denmark being a problem. 

Denmark won’t be pushovers. 

• Like 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

I don't really mind that when his shins are still ****. It's a shame for him, but I'm hoping the world cup will be his tournament.

Are they still that bad? I wouldn’t have thought Southgate would have taken him to the Euro’s if that were the case.

It’s the same as in the World Cup to get to the semi final, not played a decent team again, you could say Germany are but they have been in a decline for the last few years 

I just got no enthusiasm for his football, it’s bloody boring 

3 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

As soon as we went 2-0 up Jack was never going to come on. He’s a chase the game player in southgates eyes.

I think this is the worry for Jack now. Only looked at as a get out of jail player.

Â