Euro 2020 : Quarter finals

BOF

2 minutes ago, jim said:

Don’t be daft. He could win the whole thing and some on here would still find fault. 

If we lose the semi's or the final, it'll be down to tactics not players. we have enough in this squad to beat anyone, even the Italians.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Because he had much easier draws.

Easier than Iceland?! We’ve just beat Germany for the first time in years at a major tournament. I would rather he play Grealish but for a manager to take a team to successive semi finals of major tournaments is a great achievement. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Denmark front 3 + Damsgaard will be floating around will be tricky with their movement. England should be fine with early goal though as they'll miss Eriksen for that sort of occasion.

England have some momentum though.

Really should be England-Italy final, Italy 30 + games unbeaten and both teams very tough to play through or score against although Germany did have a couple of big chances.

Agree especially the one where Sterling put Germany clean through after we'd gone in front.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Denmark front 3 + Damsgaard will be floating around will be tricky with their movement. England should be fine with early goal though as they'll miss Eriksen for that sort of occasion.

England have some momentum though.

Really should be England-Italy final, Italy 30 + games unbeaten and both teams very tough to play through or score against although Germany did have a couple of big chances.

Can't discount Spain though. They're the best passers of the ball. Keep it really well. If they play with Gerard Moreno instead of Morata I think they'll have a better chance. However I can't see England losing to either Italy or Spain.

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

One variable -The Wembley factor. I think it's finally coming home.

Yes and the fact they have so many really good players.  No Grealish or Foden  tonight! Who can compete with the quality England have. France but they are out!

• Like 1

Villa start the first 5 games with these performances and results against similar opposition. This place would be a jizz fest. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, jjaacckk91 said:

I didn't catch the Sweden game but I can't believe this team beat Sweden.

The Sweden I saw in the group absolutely mauls this team, isak and forsberg looked fantastic.

Sweden hit the bar twice and Kuleveski also missed a great chance right at the end. Even after the red card Ukraine didn't do much apart from last minute goal.

Easily the worst team in QFs.....but then I'm not sure they'd have been stuffed 4-0 by someone like Spain for example so there's why England have done well, brutally exposed their weaknesses at both ends.

Just now, VillaChris said:

He's certainly landed on the right side of the tournament in both ones he's managed. France had a path of Argentina-Uruguay-Belgium to reach last world cup final and seems in euros now one half of the draw is more incredibly stacked than the other as Belgium found out. Very hard fought win v Portugal thne they get Italy in QF a few days later.

Those are the breaks though and have to taken advantage of it and England certainly have over last week given it's a Germany team in transition.

That’s a benefit that comes with winning the group. France went out to Switzerland while England had to beat Germany. 

There’s been a lot of revisionism on here about Germany. In the lead up to the match they were going to thrash England but once that didn’t happen they became a poor team in transition apparently. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Villa87 said:

I hate to complain when we are 4-0 up in a quarter final but what has Mount done tonight? I cannot see why he has to start every game I really can’t. 

I said the same. He did assist Henderson.

Â