Euro 2020 : Quarter finals

BOF

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Love the fact that the ref looked at the watch and thought sod this I want to go knock off early for today at Wimbledon.

I thought every sub is at least 30 seconds?!

I felt a little bad for those players stood there for minutes waiting to come on

Just now, TheAuthority said:

Thats quite simply untrue. Why the need to make up stuff and be revisionist yourself?

People knew Germany are nothing like they have been in the past, however folks are aware that they are usually pretty good at staying in tournaments.

There was plenty of talk about England going out against whoever they faced from the ‘group of death’. 

Henderson and Bellingham are a better combination than Rice and Phillips for me. Maguire and Kane are our key players, Sancho , Sterling and Rashord  are not as good technically as SJG or Foden.

We should beat Denmark, and might beat Spain, not sure about Italy tbh

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

It's a great night in the end but I can't help but feel sorry for Jack , not starting and then seeing all those subs go on. Well done Gareth good win, but I'll never forgive you for treating our Jack like this.  

He's bought jack on when we needed to score,  we didn't need to start in this game and we certainly don't want to risk him when we're 2 up as soon as the second half starts.

As much as I'd like to see him start every game, we haven't needed to, yet.

Interesting that jack and Gareth had a proper embrace when the whistle went and even weirder, Sheva did the same thing! 

• Like 2

If England don't go on and win the Euro's now then I don't know how they ever do it. 

Everything has fallen into place in our favour. 

Edited by KAZZAM

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Boring to see a non competitive quarter final in a major competition 

😴

All this "weaker side of the draw" is horseshit. Most of these team's players play in the top 5 leagues. The organisation and skill on show in this tournament has been very good. I still think Germany's central midfield is probably the best but they had a weak defence and too many wingers and AM's not enough strikers. 

England have been good and in one or two games very good. But in each game England's defence has been brilliant. Whether it's our own Tyrone or Slabhead we've defended the best along with Italy imo. 

Switzerland beat France because they deserved to. It wasn't a backs to the wall hanging on job they outplayed and out thought them. Which is the point I'm making. The 'weaker' teams are alot closer. 

Excellent tournament so far. Hopefully Jack with the 99th minute winner in the final.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

It's a great night in the end but I can't help but feel sorry for Jack , not starting and then seeing all those subs go on. Well done Gareth good win, but I'll never forgive you for treating our Jack like this.

**** hell mate, relax.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Spain would probably pass it around England a fair bit but their front 3 wastes so much, they don't play with urgency in final third and their defence is dodgy v crosses as seen in last few games.

Italy are overall all round better side and I'd still give them the edge to win this tournament just. Donnarumma in excellent form, feels like Bonucci and Chellini would use all their dark arts to nulify Kane and they play with excellent tempo in central midfield. Think that will be issue for England in that match up, just playing conservative and slow which would play into Italy's hands as feels they could shift the ball quickly around Rice and Phillips and get their wide players one v one.

Would be very interesting tactical final that as England have wide players who could hurt Italy of course if on the front foot.

England have the one thing Italy don't like - pace. And I think we can defend as well as them especially as a unit. Spinazzola will be a huge miss for them.

Obviously I want to see Jack play but you can't knock Southgate today. Got it spot on, including the subs. 

He had a word with Jack afterwards as well. Good management actually. Fair play to him. No need to risk Jack, especially if he is still managing his shin injury. 

• Like 4

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

All this "weaker side of the draw" is horseshit. Most of these team's players play in the top 5 leagues. The organisation and skill on show in this tournament has been very good. I still think Germany's central midfield is probably the best but they had a weak defence and too many wingers and AM's not enough strikers. 

2 of that starting 11 for Ukraine play in a top 5 league. Most the squad are from the Ukrainian League. 

• Thanks 1

Â