Euro 2020 : Quarter finals

BOF

Just now, Villa87 said:

I hate to complain when we are 4-0 up in a quarter final but what has Mount done tonight? I cannot see why he has to start every game I really can’t. 

Agree with this. Southgate has earnt the right to pick his favourites but I honestly dont see what Mount offers vs other options.

• Like 2

Just now, El Zen said:

That would surprise me a lot. Why do you think that? 

I should have an exclamation mark after the No. Yes they will be tougher than Ukraine but cant see an upset. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

There’s been a lot of revisionism on here about Germany. In the lead up to the match they were going to thrash England but once that didn’t happen they became a poor team in transition apparently. 

Thats quite simply untrue. Why the need to make up stuff and be revisionist yourself?

People knew Germany are nothing like they have been in the past, however folks are aware that they are usually pretty good at staying in tournaments.

• Like 1

I watched the first few games with my grealish fan boy hat on and got wound up by the lack of super Jack, but you can't knock Southgate for what we've done. 

If this was Dean Smith I'd be giving him loads of credit. Southgate deserves full respect after this  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Can't discount Spain though. They're the best passers of the ball. Keep it really well. If they play with Gerard Moreno instead of Morata I think they'll have a better chance. However I can't see England losing to either Italy or Spain.

Spain would probably pass it around England a fair bit but their front 3 wastes so much, they don't play with urgency in final third and their defence is dodgy v crosses as seen in last few games.

Italy are overall all round better side and I'd still give them the edge to win this tournament just. Donnarumma in excellent form, feels like Bonucci and Chellini would use all their dark arts to nulify Kane and they play with excellent tempo in central midfield. Think that will be issue for England in that match up, just playing conservative and slow which would play into Italy's hands as feels they could shift the ball quickly around Rice and Phillips and get their wide players one v one.

Would be very interesting tactical final that as England have wide players who could hurt Italy of course if on the front foot.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I should have an exclamation mark after the No. Yes they will be tougher than Ukraine but cant see an upset. 

Gotcha 👍

Job done, consecutive semi finals.

4 wins,  1 draw, 0 goals conceded. Take a bow Gareth. 

5 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

That’s a benefit that comes with winning the group. France went out to Switzerland while England had to beat Germany. 

There’s been a lot of revisionism on here about Germany. In the lead up to the match they were going to thrash England but once that didn’t happen they became a poor team in transition apparently. 

Indeed but then I said finishing 1st was best when loads were saying England must finish 2nd to get a weak round 16. It would've then been Spain in quarters and Italy in SF so well avoided.

3 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Thats quite simply untrue. Why the need to make up stuff and be revisionist yourself?

People knew Germany are nothing like they have been in the past, however folks are aware that they are usually pretty good at staying in tournaments.

This.

Â