Euro 2020 : Quarter finals

BOF

10 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I mean in reality is he any better than our man Smith?

Its a different skill set so hard to judge 

I don't think klopp would make a good international manager for example because he needs that day to day relationship with the players, I'm not convinced pep would either with his over thinking 

These players buy in to what Southgate wants them to do, even if it means passing backwards and being on a leash, or sitting out games and being rotated, would they be the same for Smith? Impossible to tell

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Its a different skill set so hard to judge 

I don't think klopp would make a good international manager for example because he needs that day to day relationship with the players, I'm not convinced pep would either with his over thinking 

These players buy in to what Southgate wants them to do, even if it means passing backwards and being on a leash, or sitting out games and being rotated, would they be the same for Smith? Impossible to tell

You dont think Southgate has been studying Pep and will whip out an incredible new tactic for the Denmark game. Maybe Jack as a holding midfielder or Sterling as a false nine

10 hours ago, mykeyb said:

If we don't concede we will win it

We could win it and still concede.. you, know, winning 2-1 for example. 

I was just saying if we do win it (still a big if), it would be an awesome achievement to do so without conceding a single goal at the tournament.  

14 hours ago, sidcow said:

Whose side are you on? 

The daft commentator also said that, must be one of their songs that I have no knowledge of ;)

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

The daft commentator also said that, must be one of their songs that I have no knowledge of ;)

Need to get up out of your lazy bed and find their songs then. It'll only take half a minute. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Need to get up out of your lazy bed and find their songs then. It'll only take half a minute. 

The main thing I remember of them is someone calling in Swap Shop or the like and calling them rocket polishers.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:
That is going to hurt!

Bills mafia has that down to a science. Never ever use a wooden table :D

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Not sure best is the word I would use... 

I just watched a video on Facebook of England fans showing how much it meant to them by hitting their heads into walls, pouring pints over their own heads, sliding in massive puddles, lying on the ground whilst other grown men pour beer all over them.

Why is it a competition to show why it means more to them than anyone else by doing something really stupid?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Genie said:

I just watched a video on Facebook of England fans showing how much it meant to them by hitting their heads into walls, pouring pints over their own heads, sliding in massive puddles, lying on the ground whilst other grown men pour beer all over them.

Why is it a competition to show why it means more to them than anyone else by doing something really stupid?

Did this 'wacky' stuff happen before social media? Everything seems to be just for show nowadays. 

You look at these fan parks and I know this is going to sound massively sexist, but i'm sure a lot of the women there aren't even interested in football. Just a facebook/insta opportunity. Spend all game on their phones. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Did this 'wacky' stuff happen before social media? Everything seems to be just for show nowadays. 

You look at these fan parks and I know this is going to sound massively sexist, but i'm sure a lot of the women there aren't even interested in football. Just a facebook/insta opportunity. Spend all game on their phones. 

Yeah I agree. Seems a waste of time for them to be honest - especially if there is some ironing/washing to be doing..

Spoiler

5c56ba11b29c50852655409d92ac7fda.gif

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

You dont think Southgate has been studying Pep and will whip out an incredible new tactic for the Denmark game. Maybe Jack as a holding midfielder or Sterling as a false nine

That'll be the final when he introduces a back 6 

13 hours ago, Xela said:

Yes this is more to do with idiots being filmed than football fans. This is a tweet about 4th July celebrations in America, seems to be drinking from the same cup....

19 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Yeah I agree. Seems a waste of time for them to be honest - especially if there is some ironing/washing to be doing..

Reveal hidden contents

5c56ba11b29c50852655409d92ac7fda.gif

They need to wash the carling out of their boyfriends jeans and shirts! :D 

• Haha 1

I don't rate Southgate at all. I feel that in the last world cup we went out at the first point we played a decent team and in the euros again we have played average teams until now. If he beats Italy I will be impressed but it won't really change my opinion.

Â