Euro 2020 : Round of 16

BOF

Wow, what an awful lineup. It's just, "Sit back, don't you dare concede, and let's hope Sterling can produce some magic to take us through."

We're either gonna get mauled in the 90, or we snoozefest our way to penalties and lose it there instead.

People saying Southgate is some kind of dumbo and yet here I am seeing the genius of the man who has not only managed to put 5 defenders and 2 defensive midfielders on the pitch but has also managed to put a part-time defender up as part of his front 3.  **** genius I tell you.

so playing defensively, with Saka & Sterling doing their Forrest Gump impression after long balls on the break (note: i think Saka is a great player btw, i also think Sterling isnt).

So no Grealish or Foden, Southgate is a clown.

I think there is a chance we play turgid football again and Southgate s*its a win, then everyone goes on about how amazing and revolutionary he is......sickening.

• Like 1

The annoying thing is that the chance of Jack playing is reduced.

Obviously Mount will be first on, then Rashford and Foden.  He can't just bring Jack on for a misfiring forward as he needs to bring the forwards on first.

The best chance ever of winning this competition with the most exciting attacking line up we've arguably ever had and we're just going to crash out with a negative defensive performance. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

People saying Southgate is some kind of dumbo and yet here I am seeing the genius of the man who has not only managed to put 5 defenders and 2 defensive midfielders on the pitch but has also managed to put a part-time defender up as part of his front 3.  **** genius I tell you.

You talking about Saka or Kane?

• Haha 2

At least I can torture myself for the next hour listening to the BBC pundits celebrating this formation.

The best bit is this formation is not even one we've played in the tournament yet.

The other brilliant bit is that Mings, arguably the best English CB so far, isn't starting as one of 3 CB's.

Raging.

When I firt cast my eyes down the team I thought it was a joke line up as I didn't see Kane listed, then I saw him half way down the list and reality sunk in that this was the team 😩🤦‍♂️. All I can say is I am glad that I am at work until half past five and the match will be 60 mins in by the time I get home. What a total and utter Southgate he is!

Â