Euro 2020 : Round of 16

BOF

Just now, jacketspuds said:

At least I can torture myself for the next hour listening to the BBC pundits celebrating this formation.

The best bit is this formation is not even one we've played in the tournament yet.

The other brilliant bit is that Mings, arguably the best English CB so far, isn't starting as one of 3 CB's.

Raging.

Agree, Mings over Walker if you’re playing 3 CB’s, hell even Ben White over Walker at CB!

• Like 2

Just now, Tommo_b said:

We get to see Sterling run around not passing again, yay. 

Don't forget we get to see him cut inside every time he gets the ball, try to dribble, and fall over.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

At least I can torture myself for the next hour listening to the BBC pundits celebrating this formation.

They are cautiously criticising it for being defensive 

All along I've assumed you can only really fit 1 or 2 out of Foden, Mount & Grealish and I could understand any choice there, all very good intelligent footballers. In the end we get zero. Who is the creative passer in this team? Maguire?  I can just see endless negative passing triangles between Rice, Walker and Stones, Kane getting bored by himself up front and Saka/Sterling running into blind alleys. 

If he really had to go three at the back, why not at least have Saka as an attacking wing back instead of Shaw or Trippier?

Least we have good bench options to step it up in 2nd half. Just seems so extremely negative and giving Germany a psychological advantage from the start.

3 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Agree, Mings over Walker if you’re playing 3 CB’s, hell even Ben White over Walker at CB!

Walker was absolutely horrendous in the first group game. Comes back in for the first big one.

3 hours ago, Denaldinho said:

On paper we have the team to thrash Germany but with SG negative tactic's i can see us being knocked out.

No you don't 😂 player for player, German players playing at better if not comparable clubs 

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

No you don't 😂 player for player, German players playing at better if not comparable clubs 

I'd take England's attack over the Germans but unfortunately England's attack is on the bench.

Edited by AndyM3000
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Good thing he's stuck with Kane to provide some protection for the back 7.

Well that’s the thing isn’t it, Kane’s going to be sat by the half way line just hoping to get the ball. 

Â