Euro 2020 : Round of 16

BOF

The worst thing is, there's 5 or 6 world class, or potentially world class, attacking players that we can build a side around for the next two tournaments. Kane, Jack, Foden, Mount, Bellingham, Saka, Sancho etc. He's playing two of them, and one is dropping so deep he'll be closer to Pickford than Neuer. I don't hate Southgate because of his history with Villa, but I do despise him for wasting these generational talents.

• Like 2

That team selection lol. What a coward. C’mon Germany! I want 0-7 at least. **** boring Southgate and **** his boring team, boring tactics and boring everything. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 3

All that attacking talent at his disposal and hes with 8 defensive players including the goalkeeper. It all goes to pieces if we go a goal behind.  I love my country but its hard to get behind an England team under Southagte. 

• Like 3

Just now, Chindie said:

This is a side that is wholly unsuited to getting back into the game if it concedes first. Which is going to make this a car crash.

I actually think an early German goal might force Southgate's hand for precisely that reason. It's clear his plan A is not to concede. If we can put that out the window early then he may have to let off the handbrake.

• Like 1

Henderson and Mount will come on. 
Jack may get injury time and then Southgate will say he didn’t do enough. We all love Jack and are all gutted he’s not playing but I’d at least have some understanding (although not agreement) if Foden or Mount started. But to not start either is a joke.

We all half expected it but 7 defensive players and Saka not even as a wing back.

This is a complete waste of a generation of talent. I've said it before - imagine what Dean Smith and his coaching staff would do with this squad. It would be uber football on steroids.

F*** Tw8gate. F*** England. Come on Germany - embarrass the heck out of that line up.

Edited by TheAuthority

Looking at the BBC build up, ya know what - Southgate's penalty wasn't terrible. Had pace, not too central, was heading bottom corner. You see horrible penalties where goalie has to do bear minimum but that was a decent strike. Great save.

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

If there is any kind of justice in the universe, Germany will roll over this England team. And I will cheer.

I feel a bit like that. Because there’s a small chance it might mark the end of this pathetic reign by Gareth. 

Mings should be starting over Walker.

Bellingham should be starting over Phillips/Rice.

Jack should be starting over Saka although Saka starting is probably the least criminal. 

I'd sooner have James over Tripper as well.

Also prefer Chilwell to Shaw although he wouldn't have been fit.

Mount obviously not starting due to fitness which is a shame but he'd have probably taken Saka's place.

I fear for England if they go behind. They have the bench yes but it's been used when they are out in front or all square. Germany have shown against a top opponent in Portugal, they don't panic if they go behind.

Edited by Johnnyp

Â