Euro 2020 : Round of 16

BOF

1 minute ago, wict01 said:

Don't think it's necessarily a poor German team, but definitely one that has come to the end of its' cycle with Low. 

It's a poor German team in comparison to German teams of the past. but it's still a German team

Germany are like Man Utd under Ferguson. They just find ways to win. Even when their squad isn't up to scratch, they just know how to get through tournaments.

That's my biggest fear. 

We have a better squad. But England lose knockout games and Germany win them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

So after 5 years as manager of England, with an unprecedented amount of attacking talent currently at his disposal, in the most important game of his tenure i.e. the culmination of everything that has gone before, Gareth Southgate is rumoured to be going with 8 defensive players on the pitch (including the keeper). If that doesn't tell you everything you need to know then I don't know what will. He seems to be terrified of the proper football teams, which is preventing England from being one.

saka can drop back too if needs be 

its a team picked based on what germany can do rather than one based on what england can do 

36 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I expect it to be something like:

----------------------------Pickford

---------------Walker, Maguire, Stones

Trippier-------------------------------------------- Shaw

---------------------Rice------Phillips

--------Henderson---------------------Mount

-------------------------------Kane

Trippier and Shaw will be expected to provide the width. but won't.

Shaw provides plenty of width :trollface:

#bodyshamer 🤭

• Haha 2

I understand going 5 at the back. Germany looked really good against Portugal overloading from the wide areas. I think if we stifle that, we take a lot of their attacking plan away.

What I don't really understand is that if we're going to be playing on the counter attack, we need the best carrier of the ball on the pitch which is evidently Jack. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

No doubt its because Tyrone doesn't have the experience of the other three.

It's because Southgate is a massive racist and hates Mings because he's a beautiful black man*

*This post is totally false

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 England's reported XI for tonight:

Pickford; Trippier, Walker, Stones, Maguire, Shaw; Phillips, Rice; Saka, Sterling, Kane.

Well we ain’t gonna get anything as exciting as last nights game with that lineup 

martin freeman fargo GIF

32 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Pickford; Trippier, Walker, Stones, Maguire, Shaw; Phillips, Rice; Saka, Sterling, Kane.

Well we ain’t gonna get anything as exciting as last nights game with that lineup 

Needs more solidity. Too much flair in that.

Walker did a step over in 2009. He's out.

Phillips I once saw do a raking forward cross field ball last year. Out.

Sterling did a backheel last game. Out.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, BOF said:

So after 5 years as manager of England, with an unprecedented amount of attacking talent currently at his disposal, in the most important game of his tenure i.e. the culmination of everything that has gone before, Gareth Southgate is rumoured to be going with 8 defensive players on the pitch (including the keeper). If that doesn't tell you everything you need to know then I don't know what will. He seems to be terrified of the proper football teams, which is preventing England from being one.

Exactly. Southgate is literally just the English McLeish.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Oh my word, where's the creativity? Yes, Philips had a great game in the first match, v Croatia, but then didn't really play well in the next two. There needs to be Mount or Grealish for some creativity from midfield.

Edited by robby b

Â