FRA.png?imwidth=158France  v SUI.png?imwidth=158Switzerland

Tuesday 29th
London     17:00 -
ENG.png?imwidth=158England v GER.png?imwidth=158Germany
Glasgow    20:00 -
SWE.png?imwidth=158Sweden  v UKR.png?imwidth=158Ukraine

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Not a great tournament for the countries with the nuttiest political leaderships. Hungary, Poland, Turkey & Russia all crash out. Thoughts and prayers.

Sweden through but that doesn't seem to have saved the Swedish government...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

It’s warming up, great night of football.

It is just me? But the England games have not felt like a tournament so far, more like low intensity friendlies. Both games tonight had full tournament vibes. Hoping that it will be ramped up against Germany. Hopefully the 40k in attendance will add more too.

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GENTLEMAN said:

It is just me? But the England games have not felt like a tournament so far, more like low intensity friendlies. Both games tonight had full tournament vibes. Hoping that it will be ramped up against Germany. Hopefully the 40k in attendance will add more too.

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

I think its down to the fact that 3 teams in most groups qualified. Takes the intensity out of some of the games. The expansion to 24 teams helps smaller teams get a chance but it kind of kills the tournament feel until you get to the knock outs. 

Plus lack of fans doesn't help either. 

15 minutes ago, sne said:

Not a great tournament for the countries with the nuttiest political leaderships. Hungary, Poland, Turkey & Russia all crash out. Thoughts and prayers.

Sweden through but that doesn't seem to have saved the Swedish government...

Sweden are the most sinfully team in tournament football. 

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

I think its down to the fact that 3 teams in most groups qualified. Takes the intensity out of some of the games. The expansion to 24 teams helps smaller teams get a chance but it kind of kills the tournament feel until you get to the knock outs. 

Plus lack of fans doesn't help either. 

Wait for the world cup in 2026. 48 teams. Think I'll tune in after 2 weeks.

Just now, Wurzel said:

Will Southgate pay the "penalty" for losing to Germany? Eh? Eh?

I'll get me coat.

I miss you being in Motorhead ;)

I’d much prefer my tournament participant numbers to be divisible by 2 all the way down to 1. So my preference for the Euros would be either 16 or 32 over 24. Same goes for the World Cup, 32 or 64 if it’s necessary. Knock out football is way better, but groups and seeding protect the big nations.

• Like 1

England will beat Germany. Germany's defence is average at best and they don't have a striker. They have a fantastic midfield but that won't be enough for them. Then England will make the semis and from there it's about the day. 

If the Germans even had a Chris Wood level striker they'd win the tournament but thankfully they haven't. England have got nothing to fear.

France are the strongest team but Portugal are capable of winning it too if they actually believe in themselves.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

Oh I don’t know, one or two have found a way through in a stylish manner…

Animated GIF

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

England will beat Germany. Germany's defence is average at best and they don't have a striker. They have a fantastic midfield but that won't be enough for them. Then England will make the semis and from there it's about the day. 

If the Germans even had a Chris Wood level striker they'd win the tournament but thankfully they haven't. England have got nothing to fear.

France are the strongest team but Portugal are capable of winning it too if they actually believe in themselves.

This is a strong take 

2 hours ago, sne said:

Holland playing in Budapest, Denmark playing in Amsterdam, Spain playing in Copenhagen, Belgium vs Portugal in Seville.

At least England as the only team get the home advantage in the last 16.

This format is a blithering mess.

Pretty sure the England - Germany game should of been in Dublin but they couldn't guarantee crowds, like Bilbao, games taken off them and redistrubed. England need to make it count.

• Like 1

Â