Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

8 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

No because McNeil is shit. He isn't an upgrade on Traore so signing him would be stupid 

Isn't it interesting how the things we chose to say publicly can inspire others to hold a very different view from the one we have just so powerfully expressed?

And it's often not even the substance of what we are saying which generates the response, but rather how we are saying it. 

• Like 2

It was always unlikely we could get him with Arsenal also interested. They will be able to offer more money, to live in London and with a better chance of consistent European football. 

Only small chance we have is Martinez being with us and Jack being here. If there is a proposal that might interest him if owners can convince of continued investment. Bit still Arsenal will be able to outspend us regardless due to significantly higher revenues they have. 

I'd say we've a 20% chance to get him now. Maybe a little less. Pereira would be my choice over McNeil as target if Buendia goes to Arsenal.

47 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I'm finding these tweets and posts about who has the most money or not rather cringe. But maybe I'm alone in that. 

image.png.1872aee540fe5b45a7e411ae32da8753.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yes it’s a big ask for him to choose us over Arsenal, but if he does it’s a pretty big deal for Villa.

A player approaching his prime chinning-off Arsenal for B6 would make waves in football beyond the player himself. It would also probably be a year or two earlier than our management team might reasonably have expected, representing real progress... and TalkSport will be saltier than the Dead Sea.

5 minutes ago, Awol said:

Yes it’s a big ask for him to choose us over Arsenal, but if he does it’s a pretty big deal for Villa.

A player approaching his prime chinning-off Arsenal for B6 would make waves in football beyond the player himself. It would also probably be a year or two earlier than our management team might reasonably have expected, representing real progress... and TalkSport will be saltier than the Dead Sea.

Apart from us needing great players to progress, football in general needs the above.

• Like 2

Arsenal get him - back in your box Villa

Villa get him - RIP Arsenal

They have more to lose on this signature, I hope they don't screw it up like by taking forever, selling players first, and umming and ahhing that he's first choice. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I'm finding these tweets and posts about who has the most money or not rather cringe. But maybe I'm alone in that. 

Mostly made by grown adults who still live in their parents' basement, I imagine. 

12 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Arsenal get him - back in your box Villa

Villa get him - RIP Arsenal

Exact. That will be the narrative with fans (even theirs), the media will be bemused,  and other players will notice. 

• Like 3

A while back in this very scenario a player chose arsenal over us. Arsenal became consistent winners and challengers for trophies.

I feel that this is a potentially earth shattering moment in football. Beating one of the scummy Sky 6 to a signature of a player who can take us up a level is not to be underestimated. It takes just 1.

That player btw was Dennis bergkamp.

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

A while back in this very scenario a player chose arsenal over us. Arsenal became consistent winners and challengers for trophies.

I feel that this is a potentially earth shattering moment in football. Beating one of the scummy Sky 6 to a signature of a player who can take us up a level is not to be underestimated. It takes just 1.

That player btw was Dennis bergkamp.

It could well be a watershed moment tbf - I honestly think that Martinez could be pivotal here, given his experience at Arsenal and how he's gone from strength to strength after he left. 

• Like 2

Â