Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

6 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

Anyone else notice he’s somehow disappeared from the Argentina squad 🤔 not even on the bench yesterday

quick, someone check the private flights coming into Birmingham!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

It could well be a watershed moment tbf - I honestly think that Martinez could be pivotal here, given his experience at Arsenal and how he's gone from strength to strength after he left. 

Probably been said but Arsenal don't have European football as a draw next season,  and he'd be playing alongside Grealish as well, which would be a big sell for someone looking to learn from the latest big thing.

There are many factors for and against both clubs, he'll pick the one he wants to, but it is far from a foregone conclusion.

23 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

Anyone else notice he’s somehow disappeared from the Argentina squad 🤔 not even on the bench yesterday

They called up 33 players, and could only have 23 on the bench.

In other players who dissappeared it was also i.e Aguero, Correa(the Lazio one), Otamendi, Palomino. 

2 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

That player btw was Dennis bergkamp

I never understood why he didn’t come to us. Deadly flew him out to the South of France on EasyJet and took him for a full blown steak and chips with all the trimmings. He even weighed in for a starter and pudding, tiramisu no less! That boy was a fool. Perhaps Denis didn’t appreciate Doug sending him the bill for putting a bag in the hold? 

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I never understood why he didn’t come to us. Deadly flew him out to the South of France on EasyJet and took him for a full blown steak and chips with all the trimmings. He even weighed in for a starter and pudding, tiramisu no less! That boy was a fool. Perhaps Denis didn’t appreciate Doug sending him the bill for putting a bag in the hold? 

Bergkamp refuses to fly.  The rest is totally believable though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I wouldn’t underestimate the influence of Agent Emi on this one. He gave Arsenal years of his life and was treated like scum, and he’s come here and we adore him!

I've seen that sort of theory mentioned in a few places. 

But Martinez didn't want to leave Arsenal, let's not forget.   He spent eight years of his career there and is still highly thought of in North London. It's just that Arteta needed the reddies for his midfield rebuild and didn't see a sufficient gap in ability between Martinez and Leno to guarantee the former the no 1 jersey. 

If Buendia ever got as far as asking Martinez about Arsenal, he might just as likely say "Brilliant club, if you get a chance to play there you must take it."

Our Emi's own personal circumstances meant the time was right for him to leave last summer. In our favour is that I don't see Arteta guaranteeing Buendia first team football either. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I'd be amazed if he chose Arsenal over us

We've shown we are a club in the up, Arsenal are on the way down.

We enhance players ability and international opportunities. With the exception of a few Arsenal is now a burial ground for formerly good reputations. 

I don't think we will sign him because if Arsenal's wage structure. They have mediocre players on 160k a week. We would never ever offer him that (Grealish territory). 

Edited by pas5898
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

The more I think about it, you might be right.

Look, Arsenal are Arsenal ( as much as we want to deny it ) BUT they are currently a bit unstable, with no clear cut future and/or owners.

We are a stable organisation with a steady growth spurt upwards, finances and owners.

I think if we really want him, we will edge it in the end.

As long as his personal demands aren't ridiculous, I suspect most of this will have been provisionally discussed already though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The more I think about it, you might be right.

Look, Arsenal are Arsenal ( as much as we want to deny it ) BUT they are currently a bit unstable, with no clear cut future and/or owners.

We are a stable organisation with a steady growth spurt upwards, finances and owners.

I think if we really want him, we will edge it in the end.

As long as his personal demands aren't ridiculous, I suspect most of this will have been provisionally discussed already though.

The difference being money. We will not offer him over £100k /week. 

Arsenal regularly offer that salary to players.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

You take a move to the likes of Norwich with a view to one day - hopefully - getting a move to one of the big 4-5 in England. 

We might be viewed that way again in the not too distant. But it's a while since any new player viewed us that way TBH. 

If he has designs on regular international football with Argentina, making any sort of impact at Arsenal (even if he's not a first team regular) will be a bigger help to him than tearing it up with us. 

If he was a player already at another big club who had been in and out of the side and packed off on loan, the appeal of close to guaranteed football with us might sway it. But he's 24, still young enough to go there without the guarantee of a starting place and the determination to make the spot his own. 

20 minutes ago, HolteExile said:

I've seen that sort of theory mentioned in a few places. 

But Martinez didn't want to leave Arsenal, let's not forget.   He spent eight years of his career there and is still highly thought of in North London. It's just that Arteta needed the reddies for his midfield rebuild and didn't see a sufficient gap in ability between Martinez and Leno to guarantee the former the no 1 jersey. 

If Buendia ever got as far as asking Martinez about Arsenal, he might just as likely say "Brilliant club, if you get a chance to play there you must take it."

Our Emi's own personal circumstances meant the time was right for him to leave last summer. In our favour is that I don't see Arteta guaranteeing Buendia first team football either. 

Yeah good point dude. Perhaps my interpretation was a bit simplistic :) 

59 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

That’s some bench! Did it look like this? :)

Yes :D😂

I confused them with the Norwegian national team where it looks during the game that we have all our players on the bench, Argentina might however have a smaller bench with only 12 players and 11 on the bitch :D

• Haha 1

I think it all comes down to two things, the money we are willing to pay, and whether we can sell him the vision of our future. It worked for Jack but then Buendia has no connection with Villa. It’s likely that Arsenal will offer more money, they have a much higher wage ceiling. But I think we win it on our future plans. The investment from NSWE and their ambition, the fact that so many of our team have made their international squads and the chance to play a key role in the first team, under a secure coaching team, will appeal. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Bergkamp refuses to fly.  The rest is totally believable though.

Haha yes you’re right I’d forgotten about that. Although an EasyJet flight with Doug may have what started his phobia. 

• Haha 2

Â