Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think our best bet is to offer Norwich more than Arsenal.  Maybe we end paying over the odds for the player but it’s worth it if he’s that good. 

If not there is always that Rashica fella 

Popcorn | food | Britannica

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

I haven’t been that keen on signing Buendia, I have a few doubts about him, however now I really want us to sign him just because of the Arsenal fans.

Just out of interest, what are your doubts about him? 

46 minutes ago, TRO said:

Emi will turn on the charm to Emi

Most definitely. He's been on both sides, and I'm pretty sure he wishes he'd been at Villa for 10 years and Arsenal for 1.

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

When Callum Wilson chose Newcastle over us was it down to just money on offer? or the guarantee of first team football? or both

I read it was just a straight choice. Both enacted the clause and could offer the wages. 

At that point Newcastle looked a more stable proposition than us. They were mid table, we barely survived. 

7 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

I read it was just a straight choice. Both enacted the clause and could offer the wages. 

At that point Newcastle looked a more stable proposition than us. They were mid table, we barely survived. 

Was Wilson our first choice over Watkins or was he to be in addition to him? Did we switch to Traore when we didn't get Wilson?

Arsenal will offer the player more money. They have to as it costs 3 times the price to live in a decent part on London than it does in most of the UK. The cost of living is also far more than elsewhere.

I guess it depends on does he want to be a starter and play a prominent role in a mid to upper Premier team or a squad player in another mid to upper Premier team.

Hopefully he will see that it's worth £25k per week less to NOT live in London.

3 hours ago, CVByrne said:

When Callum Wilson chose Newcastle over us was it down to just money on offer? or the guarantee of first team football? or both

He was actually quoted saying he chose Newcastle over us because he watched that terrible Goal movie as a kid.

The bloke is a complete and utter tool as far as i'm concerned.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

I just hopefully wherever he goes, it's resolved quickly.  Can't be arsed with another drawn out will-he won't-he transfer saga.

I would absolutely love him there though, I think he'd flourish here with Grealish and Watkins.  Defenders wouldn't have a clue who to keep an eye on.

If Beundia ends up choosing us over Arsenal then it's pretty much guaranteed that Grealish is at least staying.

That must be a big factor for players - like Ollie Watkins said when he joined.

14 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I would expect Ars to offer a better package to the player, however, Villa will offer a better payment package to Norwich. If Norwich do not accept what Arsenal are offering then he will become a Villa player.

kenneth williams gif

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Noticed the Albion’s lads odds of joining Leeds have dropped from 9-1 to 4-1....

I wouldn’t worry, the odds for Grealish to Man City are 4/11. They haven’t got a clue. 

41 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I wouldn’t worry, the odds for Grealish to Man City are 4/11. They haven’t got a clue. 

I think I’m the one that shortened his odds ;) they just move the odds based on small bets being made.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Â