Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

Although I wouldn't believe that sun article, wouldn't be surprised if Arsenal have made no such bid and Buendia for them is only a possibility if other targets don't work out for them. And knowing he's not first choice for them, as reported in not so may words by the athletic and telegraph might be what works in our favor - and that's if we even want him if I may be so bold to say so.

• Like 1

If he is our first choice target ala Ollie last summer, we should go in all guns blazing. Blow everyone else out the water. I think we can sell the current situation at Aston Villa to anyone that's not coming from a Champions League side without issue.

This would be a statement if we follow it up with another good season. Another six points from Arsenal. This time chasing 4th or 6th instead of top half.

I'm not totally totally sold on him as a top player myself, but if he's #1 choice let's go get the blighter.

• Like 4

I wouldn’t be surprised if we had bid, maybe £25m and Norwich have leaked this story to create some uncertainty and also drum up some interest all with the goal to increase our bid. I doubt Arsenal have the funds or appetite to bid at this stage. May be an interesting few days. I have to say that I really want this now. The more I think about it the more it makes sense.

The natives over on the Pinkun are not happy either. Their 12 little fingers are working overtime typing out their fear that he ends up at Villa. They do not like us for some reason!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, useless said:

Although I wouldn't believe that sun article, wouldn't be surprised if Arsenal have made no such bid...

Looks like I was right, no bids yet received...

Edited by useless

9 minutes ago, useless said:

Looks like I was right, no bids yet received.

They must be being ‘prepared’. After all, the British press is full of reports that bids are being prepared that sometimes run for weeks.🙄

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

If Arsenal want him and he's their first choice then it's almost inevitable that he will join them; they're a team that hasn't finished outside the top eight of the premier league since 1995, these last two seasons are the first time they've finished outside the top six since then and by their standards eighth is considered poor, people on here are celebrating because we finished eleventh, they're also a team that has won the FA Cup four times out of the last eight seasons.

You ask most neutrals, who's likely to be the more succesful club Villa or Arsenal over the coming years, even if they allow for the fact that Villa are a club on the rise, pretty much all would say Arsenal.

He can be their first choice all they want but if it takes 6 weeks for them to raise the funds, that might not suit the parties involved. 

Norwich will want to get this done so they can reinvest in the squad to avoid relegation. The sooner it’s done, the better for everyone. 

A lot of risk in bidding for a player before they return from international duty. If Buendia picks up a long term injury that's £30 million plus down the toilet. Might as well let Norwich shoulder the risk until Buendia is back in England. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, useless said:

Looks like I was right, no bids yet received...

I really don’t understand transfers. Just ring up the bloke/tv chef who owns Norwich and tell him/her you’ll give them 35m. Then ring up Buendias agent and tell him you’ll give him 80k a week. 

Job done. 

What’s all this ‘preparing a bid’ nonsense we have to put up with all the time? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

I really don’t understand transfers. Just ring up the bloke/tv chef who owns Norwich and tell him/her you’ll give them 35m. Then ring up Buendias agent and tell him you’ll give him 80k a week. 

Job done. 

I'm here thinking the same mate, it's 2021 ffs,

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Job done. 

Press. 

Edited by a m ole

13 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Job done. 

Ok, Martin Baine...  "Transfers?  It's all just figures in my little black book"

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

A lot of risk in bidding for a player before they return from international duty. If Buendia picks up a long term injury that's £30 million plus down the toilet. Might as well let Norwich shoulder the risk until Buendia is back in England. 

Bidding isn’t risky as any deal agreed would be subject to a medical, which is highly likely to be after the international games.

20 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Good point, but surely you can finalise terms and deals, " subject to medical " upon safe arrival from a trip?

If they get a serious injury in the run up, then deal is off?

14 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Let say we spend 35m on him, can anyone realistically see us then spending 40m on McNeil? 

No because McNeil is shit. He isn't an upgrade on Traore so signing him would be stupid 

6 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

I thought everyone paid in installments.

And of course they haven't payed off the Pepe fee. They generally are over the course of the entire contract so 5 years in his case. 

Â