Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

32 minutes ago, ender4 said:

The difference being money. We will not offer him over £100k /week. 

Arsenal regularly offer that salary to players.

I think if we spend 30-40m on him then 100k pw is going to be not far off the going rate. I think the day's of expecting established players to come for 50k a week considering our position and growth are at an end. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

When Callum Wilson chose Newcastle over us was it down to just money on offer? 

Yes. As far as I remember they gave him more money per week and a longer deal than we offered. Players go where they get paid the most, just like most people when choosing where to work. 

Re Wilson:  He's from Coventry and started his career with them. 

They can be a bit odd out that way. 

Many seem to have a visceral hatred of Villa.  Despite them barely registering with us at all. 

Perhaps he was wary of pissing off friends and family etc.

Taking the villa tinted specs off for s second if this is purely down to wages on offer then we won't get him realistically. If arsenal can't outbid us on that front after 20 years of continuous European football they really are in the crap.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Look, Arsenal are Arsenal ( as much as we want to deny it

I’ve never denied or wanted to deny that Arsenal are Arsenal. Some of the strange third kits that they, indeed many clubs, have used over the years, would suggest that at times they have attempted to disguise the fact that they’re Arsenal. Who could blame them? But they’ve never fooled me.

I know Arsenal when I see them. If you ever have any doubt just have a quick look around their trophy cabinet and see if you can spot the European Cup hiding amongst the FA Cups. You could be there a while. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

I'd be amazed if he chose Arsenal over us

I’d be amazed if he chose us over Arsenal to be honest. They will offer him higher wages and then there is also the London factor. Whilst we are a club on the up and they are a club that is declining/in transition, they still finished above us and got to a European semi final. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’d be amazed if he chose us over Arsenal to be honest. They will offer him higher wages and then there is also the London factor. Whilst we are a club on the up and they are club that has declining/in transition, they still finished above us and got to a European semi final. 

I thought about it again, and now, YOU might be right too.... FICKLE me!

Confused Friends Tv GIF

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think our best bet is to offer Norwich more than Arsenal.  Maybe we end paying over the odds for the player but it’s worth it if he’s that good. 

If we miss out, i'd be ok with the Uruguayan guy instead. Over to you @Jas10

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

2 hours ago, MentalM said:

Yes :D😂

I confused them with the Norwegian national team where it looks during the game that we have all our players on the bench, Argentina might however have a smaller bench with only 12 players and 11 on the bitch :D

rik mayall bottom GIF

EDIT - damn you @Jas10    😏

Edited by Raver50032
  • Haha 2

Â