Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

19 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Fair play, totally forgot about him.

He unearthed some real gems for Leicester didn't he?

I think we seem to do things very thoroughly these days. Within the club I mean. We generally seem to be patient and get in people good at their job. Whether it's in the youth team or senior squad or backroom staff. So I'm sure this Rob fella is good at his job.

But I'd rather judge his previous recruitment on how many players that flopped than how many superstars he found. If Leicester and spurs signed 50 players during his reign, it's not that impressive if he found Mahrez and Kante. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

22 hours ago, MrBlack said:

His stats for the season he was in a Norwich side that finished last, compared with Jack's best mate Maddison who played for a Leicester team that finished 5th.

Excuse varying quality.. limited by file size and crap on phone image editor. For clarity...Buendia's stats are from 2,014 minutes of football, compared with 2,403 for Maddison. 

Buendia is quality, and I'd be ecstatic if we got him. 

EUmMiLcWkAApCXU.jpg

EUmH8UYWsAAZi2Z.jpg_large.jpg

When you put it like that....

Also take ons completed and fouls won for both makes for interesting reading imo. Buendia seems to get away from tackles it seems.

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

Also take ons completed and fouls won for both makes for interesting reading imo. Buendia seems to get away from tackles it seems.

He's a real bruiser for the type of creative player he is. Gets stuck in, fights off his man and probably (not so good) concedes as many free kicks as he wins.  Good for at least 1 red card a season. He won't shy away from a challenge (for those that wrongly accuse AEG of that, he will definitely win them over).

In that sense, he is a bit different from Jack, but they both have an ability to create chances from open play and would complement each other beautifully.  Buendia likes a through ball too, which i'm sure Watkins would appreciate.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

You can see that in his Youtube clips he's a bit of a battler. Not always comendable in the modern game where players draw fouls to create chances but I do like that trait.

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

Good to see you posting positive for a change on a player that we may or may not sign.

Sorry but Chris Wood is not a player we may or may not sign so I won't apologise about being negative. I'll always be positive about potential good signings 👍

17 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Is the concensus if he signs it will be a given he'll be play on the RW?

Not necessarily, could easily be Jack on the left, Buendia in the middle and Traore on the right. Depends on whether we sign a LW / LF or not. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Grealish, Traore and Buendia could all interchange thus bamboozling the opposition so much they will vomit and fall over enabling Aston Villa to score!

but what if all that vomiting starts making people in the stands vomit? Then the people around them?

Â