Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

I wouldn’t worry, the odds for Grealish to Man City are 4/11. They haven’t got a clue. 

what are the odds on him stopping

Well just been reading some of Pinkun and then separately Arsenal stuff and nobody gives us any hope.  I hope we stuff it down both of their throats now and sign the kid.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

what are the odds on him stopping

2 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Annoyingly they aren't offering any that I can find. Would be free money effectively.

Yeah what he said. They would be stupid to offer bets on that. 

31 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Yeah what he said. They would be stupid to offer bets on that. 

This in itself proves what a whole nonsense this market is, obviously going nowhere

• Like 1

Whatever you think of Arsenal they did finish avove us, can pay higher wages and have the London pull and we don't have a big name manager.

If they really are serious on Buendia i can't see this one happening.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

This in itself proves what a whole nonsense this market is, obviously going nowhere

Yep, which is why I don’t panic that Arsenal are favourites for Buendia or Man City are favourites for Messi. The bookies don’t have any insider info, they’re just trying to make people lose money.

Arsenal have got some great youth players coming through, but they also have a squad bloated full of overrated over paid players like Willian and Pepe, I don't think they've even managed to get Ozil off the books yet.

But as an example Thomas Partey cost them 45 mil and is meant to be on £260,000-a-week wages (and he looks incredibly ordinary) so hoofing that type of fee and wages on Buendia is nothing to them.

I want to keep the claret and blue glasses on and believe we are a better proposition than Arsenal, but we aren't there yet even if we are heading fast in the right direction.

It reminds me for years when Ashley Young was linked to Spurs every transfer window and I was so glad he went to Man Utd instead as back then Spurs weren't even on the same level as us, despite their delusional egos.

Not saying that Norwich see us like we saw Spurs back then, but the gap between us and Norwich isn't as big as most of us would like even though it will soon (due to the way the club is being run).

Edited by VillanousOne

42 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Whatever you think of Arsenal they did finish avove us, can pay higher wages and have the London pull and we don't have a big name manager.

If they really are serious on Buendia i can't see this one happening.

Not sure about that. If Dean Smith sells the club right we can get him and any player would love to play with Jack Grealish. 

It’s clear for anyone to see that Arsenal are a club in decline and in a right state, financially so as well. Toxic fanbase too…

And it’s clear to see that we are a club on the rise, have excellent owners & finances and have no lack of ambition (within our means, limits/FFP).

Makes the most sense to join Villa…

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

It’s clear for anyone to see that Arsenal are a club in decline and in a right state, financially so as well. Toxic fanbase too…

And it’s clear to see that we are a club on the rise, have excellent owners & finances and have no lack of ambition (within our means, limits/FFP).

Arsenal 2nd in the form table in 2021

Would love to see them keep declining as it would mean more AFTV entertainment but recent form could point to Arteta starting to get it right.

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Arsenal 2nd in the form table in 2021

Would love to see them keep declining as it would mean more AFTV entertainment but recent form could point to Arteta starting to get it right.

Shame that.

8 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

From the mid-point of the season they have the third best form in the league.

According to press, (I have no idea of the reliability, but we believe press about us when we want to), they are going to spend big this summer.

I'm all for optimism, but rewriting history probably isn't the way forward.

They are a mess with seemingly no plan or structure…

Wasted crazy amounts on players, owners are considered tight and reluctant to spend heavily on the market but blow millions on wages!

Giving 350k pw to Ozil was pure madness!

Signing Willian into a lengthy contract, on a massive wage - madness.

Same for Aubameyang.

They sold Emi - madness.

They have some of the most vile supporters around…. 

Piers Morgan is a fan….

They are no longer a CL club (only claim to fame they have had in more recent times)

Need I go on? 

I don’t know or care enough about them to detail more, they were wonderful when Wenger first came in and they broke up Man Poos dominance and managed the invincible season but they have been in decline for ages and are always in a mess… relying on former glories.

It’s preposterous & ludicrous that they (& Spurs) considered themselves worthy of the shitty Super League but they are a shadow of their former selves…

Time for us to take over and show them how it’s done…

• Like 1

Villa fans making out that we're a better option than Arsenal and saying that they're on the decline, reminds me of when we were in the championship and fans of clubs like QPR and Bristol City were saying similar about us. They may be on the decline relative to where they'd expect to be, but most would still see them as a better option than us.

If Buendia is indeed wanted by both clubs, it may be that he chooses us, but if he does that will most likely be because we're offering more first team football, rather than him thinking he can have more success here than with the Arsenal.

I'm not overly fussed if we sign him not, if he does sign I will be pleased, but if not it's not the end of the world.

• Like 1

Just now, Don_Simon said:

From the mid-point of the season they have the third best form in the league.

According to press, (I have no idea of the reliability, but we believe press about us when we want to), they are going to spend big this summer.

I'm all for optimism, but rewriting history probably isn't the way forward.

Their finances are a mess…

football is played on the pitch, not in the board room.....Arsenal may have finished above us, with our best player missing for a large part of the season......but when it came down to the nitty gritty, we got the double over them.

job done.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Damn I wish that was true.

I know a lot of Arsenal fans and they are the most level head reasonable fans I've ever met (unlike Spurs, West Ham or Chelsea fans)

Â