Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, Fox1884 said:

Yeah I think they put a bit more pressure on him than was needed, with us he was head of recruitment and scouting which he was brilliant at

Over in USA now doing some advisory role for an MLS team

Any opinions on Mackenzie?

He certainly rates himself very highly.

Pearson bringing him round from club to club bodes well I suppose.

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He obviously seemed to be a good part of the setup we had when he was here, however he actually left us part way through the title season and joined Spurs, then eventually followed Pearson to Derby, Leuven and eventually joined yourselves

It is an interesting one because we have had quite a few members of our scouting department leave us over the years (all for "big 6" teams) but none of them are still at the clubs they left us for

Obviously it can be kind of hard to gauge exactly how much input he had with certain signings etc. as the most that comes out a bit our deals is with regards to Walsh and Mills, however I have no doubt he will of had some role to play in them

It will be one of those where it could be that he benefitted from the system we have in place, or vice-versa etc.

No doubt he is probably good at his job, not someone we seem to miss though - we have somehow turned Congerton who is apparently shocking when it comes to players into a relatively good heading of scouting

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillanousOne said:

is this the Leicester and Villa scouting thread?

can someone not make something up about Buendia once being a huge Gustavo Bartelt fan.

guess what!

I heard Buendia was a huge Gustavo Bartlet fan.  Heard from a reliable source.

58 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

His stats for the season he was in a Norwich side that finished last, compared with Jack's best mate Maddison who played for a Leicester team that finished 5th.

Excuse varying quality.. limited by file size and crap on phone image editor. For clarity...Buendia's stats are from 2,014 minutes of football, compared with 2,403 for Maddison. 

Buendia is quality, and I'd be ecstatic if we got him. 

EUmMiLcWkAApCXU.jpg

EUmH8UYWsAAZi2Z.jpg_large.jpg

And Vardy compared to Pukki finishing the chances he creates. 

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

His stats for the season he was in a Norwich side that finished last, compared with Jack's best mate Maddison who played for a Leicester team that finished 5th.

Excuse varying quality.. limited by file size and crap on phone image editor. For clarity...Buendia's stats are from 2,014 minutes of football, compared with 2,403 for Maddison. 

EUmMiLcWkAApCXU.jpg

I think when you are comparing stats for a player in the PL to the Championship it becomes rather pointless.

He’d be my number 1 target, for his work rate as much as his creativity. 

I do hope there is something in this.

We can essentially finally play that 4-3-3 that Deano loves so much if we get him. He can play in the 3, given his workrate, but he can also play as a right forward and we can have someone like Sanson or Carney/Ramsey play in midfield instead.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MrBlack said:

EUmMiLcWkAApCXU.jpg

47 fouls won? That's rubbish. We only want players that earn 100 or more fouls. Preferably 200.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We can essentially finally play that 4-3-3 that Deano loves so much if we get him. He can play in the 3, given his workrate, but he can also play as a right forward and we can have someone like Sanson or Carney/Ramsey play in midfield instead.

This....  We signed Sanson with the shift to 4-3-3 in mind for this season.  Buendia is the last piece of the puzzle in order to finally have a team built end to end for a 4-3-3.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I think he writes the words of a sermon, that no one will hear?😀

On 24/05/2021 at 14:17, Rightdm00 said:

8th in chances created this past season. Not really a department we are lacking unless Jack is leaving. 

The same Jack who missed 12 games last season with a recurring injury? I’d like to think that the aim of the club is to improve in every department so I doubt that we’ll be happy to be 8th best at anything. We need more than one creative player, which at the very least gives Jack more space to do his thing. Teams were double or trebling up on Jack at times last season, the more outlets we’ve got who can make things happen, the better. 

• Like 2

Â