Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

24 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Let say we spend 35m on him, can anyone realistically see us then spending 40m on McNeil? 

Potentially if that what Dean wants and has sold to the board. Nothing surprises me anymore. I’m still in the mindset like most villa fans of accepting nothing until it’s sealed, i remember wasting days of my life hoping we’d sign wes hoolahan so I try not to put so much time and thought into things anymore. But it certainly seems we are operating how we envied all those other teams years ago. It’s positive. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I really don’t understand transfers. Just ring up the bloke/tv chef who owns Norwich and tell him/her you’ll give them 35m. Then ring up Buendias agent and tell him you’ll give him 80k a week. 

Job done. 

What’s all this ‘preparing a bid’ nonsense we have to put up with all the time? 

Well it may seem simple but there are many things that have to happen during the preparation. For a start off we have to get the relevant phone numbers. Then as mentioned previously, possibly in another thread, there’s the language barrier to overcome. They don’t speak the same language as us over in Norfolk. 

Then of course there’s always the all important money to consider. We may be offering good old sterling but they could be after bushels of wheat over there or maybe Delia wants cupcakes or something. 

Negotiations with Emiliano should be relatively simple though. A quick chat with Emiliano 1 and that should smooth out any worries the lad may have. He’ll just throw him a copy of the Pinkun while standing next to a photo of Sir Denis of Mortimer holding the European Cup and say, “I know where I’d rather be.”

Prepared, as ever. 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

" Contact has informed me that Buendia knows of #AVFC and Arsenal interest "

Fresh Off The Boat Reaction GIF

How on earth did he find out?!

It's sure a mystery 

Julia Roberts Press GIF by Working Title

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

Well it may seem simple but there are many things that have to happen during the preparation. For a start off we have to get the relevant phone numbers. Then as mentioned previously, possibly in another thread, there’s the language barrier to overcome. They don’t speak the same language as us over in Norfolk. 

Then of course there’s always the all important money to consider. We may be offering good old sterling but they could be after bushels of wheat over there or maybe 

I believe the biggest obstacle is the paperwork. I'm not sure how it would be legal to sign a contract if yiu can't read. 

• Haha 2

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mate if us, the media, and the whole world knew this... then... lol

No I'm saying preece's source is martinez.

Preece went from a joke of a reporter to a fairly serious guy in the space of a year in regards to villa. What has happened in that time frame? Emi Martinez. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Preece went from a joke of a reporter to a fairly serious guy in the space of a year in regards to villa. What has happened in that time frame? Emi Martinez. 

How do you know it’s Emi?

53 minutes ago, brommy said:

Bidding isn’t risky as any deal agreed would be subject to a medical, which is highly likely to be after the international games.

But it also ties up funds. If we bid 30 million and Norwich accept pending a medical we can't go spend those funds elsewhere. 

I believe we have made an inquiry, we know the price and now it's just a waiting game til Buendia is back in the UK. 

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I really don’t understand transfers. Just ring up the bloke/tv chef who owns Norwich and tell him/her you’ll give them 35m. Then ring up Buendias agent and tell him you’ll give him 80k a week. 

Job done. 

What’s all this ‘preparing a bid’ nonsense we have to put up with all the time? 

Paper talk for "we don't know what's actually happening we're just taking a punt" . 

23 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

BiK-E81CUAAhOt1.jpg

26 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

But it also ties up funds. If we bid 30 million and Norwich accept pending a medical we can't go spend those funds elsewhere. 

I believe we have made an inquiry, we know the price and now it's just a waiting game til Buendia is back in the UK. 

I also doubt we’ve made a bid yet, however I don’t believe merely bidding ties up funds. We’ll be working on plan A, B and C targets and it’s perfectly possible to bid on a plan B whilst still waiting for a plan A player to be finalised. Bids can be withdrawn at any stage up to contract signing/Mrs Unsworth’s whim.

Â