Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

It’s not because he tries to make high risk plays. It’s because he does some nonsense ones. You can do that all game, you can’t do 30/70 successful ones all the game.

He’s a good player but seems to be trying so hard to impress which is affecting his confidence.

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

He was poor in the first half, yes.

Yet to perform well over 90 mins for us. 

Can you point to a game where we have had a consistent 90 minute performance as a team. Seems like this could be said for anyone except for maybe McGinn. 

15 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Still finished the game with 75.8% passing accuracy.

Which, for context, is below Marv (93%), McGinn (89%), Ramsey (89%), Konsa (84%), Young (80%). Solidly middle of the pack, not great, not terrible.

I thought he was very poor and is an accident waiting to happen, the amount of counters they had today because of under hit passes from Emi. I still think there's a player in there but he needs to get out of Championship mode. 

• Like 1

Plays some nice one touch stuff at times and can play defence splitting passes. I just don’t think he’s going to be the player I was hoping for. Some of his passing today was criminal and killed us a few times. Can’t, not be finding a man when they are bombing forward, leaves you exposed at the back and could have lead to goal or 2. I do think he has improved though but that wouldn’t be hard. Lad gets a lot of backing on here and not sure why, if he hadn’t cost us a club record fee I doubt he would in truth.

Edited by WHY

5 minutes ago, WHY said:

Plays some nice one touch stuff at times and can play defence splitting passes. I just don’t think he’s going to be the player I was hoping for. Some of his passing today was criminal and killed us a few times. Can’t, not be finding a man when they are bombing forward, leaves you exposed at the back and could have lead to goal or 2. I do think he has improved though but that wouldn’t be hard. Lad gets a lot of backing on here and not sure why, if he hadn’t cost us a club record fee I doubt he would in truth.

It baffles me and it’s a classic case of people wanting him to be good because of the transfer fee. 

He’s been poor, there is no two ways about it. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him dropped in the next few weeks, especially if Carney and Sanson are busting a gut for a place in the side. 

Until he stops giving the ball away and causing us huge headaches when teams counter us, all the little glimpses in the final third are meaningless.

Hes not what I expected at all. I was pushing for us to sign him more than most, I’ve just been thoroughly underwhelmed is all. 

Really hope he improves because I doubt Gerrard is impressed by him thus far.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

Still a bit off what we'll be hoping for but getting better with each game.

100%. His ability isn't in question - just needs backing and time to get back to what we know he's capable of and what we bought him for.

• Like 1

He’s a £35-40m signing so we can surely expect great things from him. Moments of quality but then also can’t make some of the simplest passes. Loses possession so frequently. Has a long long way to improve in my view. 

Edited by Spoony

Â