Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

It isn't quite clicking for him at the moment but anyone with a brain who's watched him for the last few years knows we have a top class player on our hands. 

If Cash didn't drill the cross at him when it just needed rolling then we'd be celebrating a 2-1 win. 

• Like 2

Not convinced by him at all thus far.

Some neat touches here and there but his overall he’s been poor. Reminds me of Carles Gil but not as good.

• Haha 3

I think he’s worked hard and got stuck in, which is the bare minimum I’d expect from any player, but we bought him for that spark, that bit of magic, and that was lacking tonight unfortunately.

I guess it’s just going to take some time until he gets more used to playing with the team. I’m sure it will come though.

Disappointing so far for me. I really have no idea currently where to play him, he’s just way too weak and gets bullied too easily in the middle and then out wide, where he’s meant to be at his best, he’s too slow and again gets bullied. 

Can’t knock his work rate and there is glimpses of magic but so far I’ve been disappointed. I think he’ll end up coming good eventually but for £40m you don’t want to be waiting too long. 

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

Disappointing so far for me. I really have no idea currently where to play him, he’s just way too weak and gets bullied too easily in the middle and then out wide, where he’s meant to be at his best, he’s too slow and again gets bullied. 

Can’t knock his work rate and there is glimpses of magic but so far I’ve been disappointed. I think he’ll end up coming good eventually but for £40m you don’t want to be waiting too long. 

Easily stays wide. It's his position. He's done well in the most physical league in the world (Championship). Even last time in the PL. Just play him there. He's not the only slow wide player. There were slow players but done well. 

46 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Easily stays wide. It's his position. He's done well in the most physical league in the world (Championship). Even last time in the PL. Just play him there. He's not the only slow wide player. There were slow players but done well. 

I agree he should probably play wide, Norwich fans told us the exact same. 

Slight problem is I think Smith/coaching staff see him as 10. 

22 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I agree he should probably play wide, Norwich fans told us the exact same. 

Slight problem is I think Smith/coaching staff see him as 10. 

I don’t think they see him, but they’re trying to improve him to play there. But I think that’s a waste. 
I kept saying, playing two upfront would be better than leaving Buendia as a number 10. 
You want to start Traore? Fair enough, start him and bench Buendia. No need to play all for the sake of it.

5 hours ago, Skruff said:

Hasn't he been injured for quite a few months before signing for us? Will take time to get settled and get his match fitness back. I've noticed he does plenty of clever layoffs and backheels where his teammates simply isn't on the same wavelength. Give it some time!

No? Played almost every game for Norwich last season. Unless the injury happened post or close to the end of the season

Edited by Laughable Chimp

Players take time to grow into a position. For me that was his best game from the middle. Definitely not good enough yet but the opportunities it would afford us if we can get it work are very attractive. 

You can see that he is a class player with a class attitude. That’s good enough for me. I’m sure he will come good. His first couple of months have been very disjointed for various reasons. Once he gets a chance to settle, he will be great.

1 hour ago, Rightdm00 said:

Players take time to grow into a position. For me that was his best game from the middle. Definitely not good enough yet but the opportunities it would afford us if we can get it work are very attractive. 

He isn't gonna play in the middle though.

McGinn and Ramsey have pretty much established themselves there, and surely our record signing isn't gonna sit on the bench?

Edited by villalad21

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He isn't gonna play in the middle though.

McGinn and Ramsey have pretty much established themselves there, and surely our record signing isn't gonna sit on the bench?

So drop Bailey (potentially a worldie), Ollie (we know his skillset) or Ings (whose goal/assist rate so far has been outstanding)?

As much as I like Ramsey and McGinn, if we are to extract the full potential of this team, me need to find a way to accommodate our more creative options. Buendia is on paper potentially our most creative.

Â