Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Looks like a monumental waste of 35 mill after that performance.

Bullied and zero impact. Tried to take on 5 or 6 players instead of passing it. 

Hoping he changes that first impression

Being played out of position didn't exactly help him

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Doesnt matter where he is on the pitch to take on 5 players instead of a simple pass. Lost the bsll within seconds of receiving it every single time as well as being bullied off it.

I think it does. I think you have less space playing in that attacking midfield position than you do on a wings. It felt like everytime he got the ball he was being smothered by 5 watford players who were all already close to him.

I will say that I always thought Jack had this problem in that position too and why I never thought he worked best in that position.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

I’m wondering whether we should go 433 but play Buendia on the right side of midfield there. With Traore ahead of him, Watkins through the middle and Bailey on the left. I just think he might be able to affect play more from a deeper position.

33 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I think it does. I think you have less space playing in that attacking midfield position than you do on a wings. It felt like everytime he got the ball he was being smothered by 5 watford players who were all already close to him.

I will say that I always thought Jack had this problem in that position too and why I never thought he worked best in that position.

100% Agreed 

1 hour ago, Laughable Chimp said:

If I'm remembering correctly, I'm pretty sure his best preseason game was when he played on the right. Granted, it was against Walsall but he was quite lively and then seemed to quiet down in the second half when they put him in the middle. 

He’s a much better player than what he showed today. Probably just tried too hard, and maybe lacking a step or two on being fully up to speed for the new season. He’s an excellent player, when on his game. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

If I'm remembering correctly, I'm pretty sure his best preseason game was when he played on the right. Granted, it was against Walsall but he was quite lively and then seemed to quiet down in the second half when they put him in the middle. 

Spot on. Although he appears to have the attributes and quality to play in the number 10 role... Norwich fans views, and the evidence of his performances so far, suggests that he cannot.

He was also 100% not match fit. Missing the end of our preseason has really impacted his readiness.

He was also playing in a front 3/4 that had never played together before,  so won't have helped.

I've got faith he'd be much better there with Bailey and Watkins ahead of him, when he's up to match fitness and he's played with them a few times, but for now he should be on the right.

• Like 2

Â