Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

59 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

He's good enough to play anywhere. Clearly the problem was his fitness. He looked to be struggling, possibly with an injury. Hopefully it's something he's over quickly

Well it was reported as an aductor injury.  There isn't much half way house with this type of injury. It's either healed or it's not.

If he was playing with an aductor strain that's seriously poor from the club medical staff.

I'm hoping and thinking he just wasn't match ready. I don't believe he will play that poorly again. Whether it's a shift of position or getting to grips with the new role.

He was on the fringes of the Argentina squad over the summer so must have a fair bit in his locker.

6 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I dont think he was that bad yesterday, in the first half he was the only one who showed up for the ball at times and made at least some smart passes. He lost the ball at quite a few times and couldn't find a killer pass or come into any really good scoring positions, but it will come when the players get used to each other more.

I also thought we played him too high up the pitch, he is of course not a target player that you lump long balls to. He is at his best when he is involved in the build up play, when he has the ball faced towards the opponents goal and running at the opponents. Yesterday he too often received the ball with his back towards the goal, which is natural if he is played that far up.

Does anyone know in what position and in what formation he played at Norwich when he was at his best?

Not worried the slightest bit, we know and could see that he has immense talent, just find the right position for him, let him glue with his new team mates and in a short while he will be great for us. Only thing that can hamper that is having his own fans racking down on him after one game and make him lose his confidence.

He slid a beautiful ball into Ramsey in the second half. Great vision and delivered to perfection right into the middle of the box, right in the danger area. The sign of things to come? 

• Like 2

Whether struggling with an injury or struggling with the after effects of an injury (lack of match fitness), or both...  you can't really be surprised he had a poor game by the expected standards he arrived with.

He will be much better next game, and will continue to improve as both his understanding of our forward line and his match fitness get better.

Lot of overreactions on here still...  of which I was probably guilty of yesterday too. We all need to chill. 

• Like 1

The two through balls he played in what little we had of a preseason that lead to goals showed me exactly the time of player we bought, not sure why he was so poor on Saturday, but the team as a whole were poor and he is clearly not fully fit.

Edited by VillanousOne

5 hours ago, hippo said:

Well it was reported as an aductor injury.  There isn't much half way house with this type of injury. It's either healed or it's not.

That has never been the case ime. With grade 1 strains there is often a long, sometimes multiweek, grey area between injured and healed where it feels like it's fine but sometimes twinges during max exertion.

I agree though that if that is the case he shouldn't have been picked

Edited by YouUnastanFren

Didn't watch on Saturday, but looking ahead I'd have thought Buendia either plays here:

--Watkins--Ings--Buendia

--McGinn----Ramsay/Sanson---

--------Nakamba----------

...In which case Bailey/Watkins/Ings misses out. Or here as more box-to-box:

--Watkins--Ings--Bailey

--McGinn--------Buendia---

--------Nakamba----------

...but it seems he's relatively unproven in that role and I'd have major concerns about that midfield.

I agree with other posters that there doesn't seem to be much of a plan with the personnel we've brought in, they don't all fit into a balanced side at the same time. Which for me, is a bit of a concern.

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

--------Watkins----------

Bailey-Ings--Buendia

--McGinn----Luiz--

That's how we will play on Saturday. Ings closer to Watkins in a 4 4 1 1 or a 4 2 3 1 as above

Is Luiz back for Saturday?

6 hours ago, andym said:

You'd better let Emi himself know then as well:

“At first, I played on the right wing, but with the freedom I can move around. For most of my life, my position has been the number ten behind the striker, but with this system, it doesn’t matter for me if I’m there or on the left or right wing.”

😂😂😂😂😂😂

No you don't understand. In 20 minutes versus Watford and a nothing friendly @villalad21 has seen enough to know better than Buendia. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, andym said:

“At first, I played on the right wing, but with the freedom I can move around. For most of my life, my position has been the number ten behind the striker, but with this system, it doesn’t matter for me if I’m there or on the left or right wing.”

Amazing.

13 hours ago, andym said:

Grealish also said he prefers to play in the middle. 

Doesn't mean it's his best position 

Â