Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

55 minutes ago, Awol said:

If he’s got Watkins, Ings and Bailey all running different channels in front of him it’ll be a nightmare for defences. 

I like the idea of this as well. People think he's going to play either as a 10 or a wide player (understandably) but he has all the attributes to play deeper behind a front three like you've mentioned. He has the vision and creativity to excel when supporting the attack or playing them in, but also the tenacity and workrate to work well in a more orthodox central midfield, especially as part of a three with a dedicated holding player.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Thug said:

I’ll probably get ridiculed, and people will say I’m just saying this with sour grapes…

But he’s gonna be better than Jack.

There, I said it.  Don’t care how many confused and laughing emojis this post gets.

I've pointed out before how Norwich fans insisted he was better than Grealish. They were absolutely adamant, even last season.

We scoffed then, but now I hope they're right.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, roonst83 said:

I'd be very surprised. Wasn't training last week and didn't play on Sunday either. 

The fact that there has been silence gives hope. If he was definitely out I’m sure we would know by now. Fingers crossed 

I think with Watford coming too soon for Bailey and presumably Traore also it makes it even more important that Buendia can make it in at least some capacity. Holding out hope he pops up in some training photos in the next couple of days.

• Like 1

Grealish always struggled to have stats to match his performancesa and make big big waves for the PL. He gets the 2nd for most chances created and fouled alot. 

THIS guy has been getting the stats for the last 3 seasons. He is going to be so good for us. 

8 hours ago, Indigo said:

I think with Watford coming too soon for Bailey and presumably Traore also it makes it even more important that Buendia can make it in at least some capacity. Holding out hope he pops up in some training photos in the next couple of days.

It doesn’t. If he’s not ready he’s not ready.  Can’t make a case for playing him because 2 others might not be fit. Long season. If he’s not right for Watford, hopefully he will be for Newcastle.

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

It doesn’t. If he’s not ready he’s not ready.  Can’t make a case for playing him because 2 others might not be fit. Long season. If he’s not right for Watford, hopefully he will be for Newcastle.

That isn't what I suggested to be fair. The point was his being fit becomes of greater importance, not that he should play regardless.

Â