Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

So in other words we're still gonna persist with a 2 man midfield?

He can play as a CAM in a 3 man midfield or in front of a 2 man midfield. 

The double pivot can work we just had Nakamba out there with nothing to do because we had all the possession. Can't make snap judgements after one game especially when multiple first team players weren't available for selection. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rightdm00 said:

He can play as a CAM in a 3 man midfield or in front of a 2 man midfield. 

The double pivot can work we just had Nakamba out there with nothing to do because we had all the possession. Can't make snap judgements after one game especially when multiple first team players weren't available for selection. 

He looked poor as a CAM against Stoke

Looked poor as a CAM against Watford

Currently I'm not convinced tbh. I'd play him as a RWF. The position that is natural to him and he is familiar with.

• Like 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Fair point. But I envisage it. Buendia didn’t shine as a 10 and I worry we’ll shoehorn players in out of position. 

Beundia clearly wasnt fit, didnt feature in the last of the pre-season friendlies or the open training session.  Lets give him a chance before we lambast him.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He looked poor as a CAM against Stoke

Looked poor as a CAM against Watford

Currently I'm not convinced tbh. I'd play him as a RWF. The position that is natural to him and he is familiar with.

Dean switched him to RWF 20 minutes into the Watford game and he looked no better. He's not fit as many on here have stated. Gonna have to give it a couple games, we are pretty much incorporating a whole new attacking front line. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Fair point. But I envisage it. Buendia didn’t shine as a 10 and I worry we’ll shoehorn players in out of position. 

We won't shoehorn players in. Do you not think our recruitment team have a plan? Have these owners not shown that since being here?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Dean switched him to RWF 20 minutes into the Watford game and he looked no better. He's not fit as many on here have stated. Gonna have to give it a couple games, we are pretty much incorporating a whole new attacking front line. 

Yes. I noticed this gets ignored a lot to suit agendas. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We won't shoehorn players in. Do you not think our recruitment team have a plan? Have these owners not shown that since being here?

I think they have a plan but things don’t always go to plan. I’m certainly going to give them the benefit of the doubt, but right now, we have gaping holes (Kenneth GIF) in our squad and a negative net spend. 

There is work to be done in the next 2 weeks and if they can’t see that, then they can kiss goodbye to the European dream because this squad isn’t good enough. 

This isn’t based on yesterday’s result either. It’s based on last season too. We haven’t got a central midfielder at the club that is good enough for a top 10 team and there is no way you can compete at the top end of the table without a decent one. 

17 hours ago, brummybloke said:

? What a ridiculous thing to say, so we ignore any bad things then ? 

You don't actually have an argument, so you make one up. 

I would be interested in remedies for a particular performance. Or even trying to identify the causes. But the simple endless negative repetition on Villatalk I don't think benefits the forum. So I propose we think carefully about how we reply.

2 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

Benrhama just had 10/10 performance playing as a CAM for West Ham. If he can do it why can't Buendia. Playing him in the right puts one of our best attacking wingers (Traore) on the bench. We obviously need to give him time but our best way forward is to get Buendia in the middle. 

Took hm a while to get settled. Might be the same with Buendia, although I don't expect it would take that long. 

45 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

So I propose we think carefully about how we reply.

Don’t be ridiculous, that’s not the VT way. You’ll be demanding reasoned and balanced discussion next. Wash your mouth out with soap young man!

6 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Don’t be ridiculous, that’s not the VT way. You’ll be demanding reasoned and balanced discussion next. Wash your mouth out with soap young man!

Fruitvilla is older than Jesus’s Dad

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Patience is needed. It’s one game, he’s not fully fit and we’ve got a brand new front three/four. Remember all of those YouTube videos? He hasn’t become crap overnight. 

Asia/Australia/Africa update (with Bonus Blob Rant): July 6 2017 – The  Foreign Exchanges Companion

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â