Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

44 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

He's all over the official Twitter, he's starting

That would be great:

Ollie——Ings——Young

SJM——Marv——Emi

Better than last season with Bailey still to come in. Exciting. 

In an ideal world, i would play Emi in a unorthodox role as a left central midfielder of a 4-3-3 much like how Carlo Ancelotti’s Real Madrid used Angel Di Maria in that 2013-14 season with great effect as they won the Champions League and Copa Del Rey.

Benzema played up top with CR7 and Bale as the wide forwards. Whenever CR7 cut into central positions, Di Maria would move out wide to take up attacking positions on the left wing, providing another option on the wing, essentially changing the formation to 4-4-2 or a 4-2-4 when they were on the attack;

Casillas

Pepe          Ramos 

Carvajal         Alonso        Marcelo

Modric         Di Maria    

Bale          Benzema          CR7                                      

That season was Di Maria best season in his entire career to date. I think Buendia could play this role well. I can see Watkins in the CR7 role. Last season he drifted wide alot of times. The problem is, we dont have Modric and Xabi Alonso to support Buendia in midfield…but i still want to see us try it out;

Martinez

Konsa          Mings

Cash                 Luiz             Targett

JWP           Buendia

Bailey          Ings          Watkins

Realistically though, wont happen. We’ll probably play a 4-3-3 with a double pivot or something. We dont have JWP, and he’s no Modric either. Luiz isnt Alonso yet. We just dont have the personnel in midfield to support Buendia. 

This role is what i envisioned Grealish could take up, but Grealish who?.. Buendia can do it ten times better. 

Edited by Shay
  • Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

After the Grealish thread, I thought we were done with picking up on social media hints from our twitter admin.

Also, Ross Barkley last season was all over the Villa social media for the 2-3 months he was out injured. I honestly don’t think the social media team get tips from the treatment room as to who to feature and who not to.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Also, Ross Barkley last season was all over the Villa social media for the 2-3 months he was out injured. I honestly don’t think the social media team get tips from the treatment room as to who to feature and who not to.

Yeah exactly. 

I seriously doubt our twitter guy is in the select group that knows the starting line ups days before games are played. 

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Wee bit of bedtime reading for you, kids. 

http://analyticsfc.co.uk/blog/2021/04/05/emi-buendia-jack-of-all-trades-master-of-all/

He is going to be phenomenal. 

Have felt this way since before we signed him. So glad it was us that secured him and he seems to be right on board the Villa hype train. He getting some serious love from the fans next season

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

http://analyticsfc.co.uk/blog/2021/04/05/emi-buendia-jack-of-all-trades-master-of-all/

I’ll probably get ridiculed, and people will say I’m just saying this with sour grapes…

But he’s gonna be better than Jack.

There, I said it.  Don’t care how many confused and laughing emojis this post gets.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Thug said:

I’ll probably get ridiculed, and people will say I’m just saying this with sour grapes…

There, I said it.  Don’t care how many confused and laughing emojis this post gets.

No I agree in overall metrics and probably less likely to miss as much games injured as Jack has last few seasons

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Thug said:

I've suspected that might be the case before. If Jack wasn't 'one of us' it would be a legitimate question in my view.

I think Grealish is an exceptional ENGLISH talent which gets him noticed... but Buendia looked just as skillful, more hard working and more tenacious (not grumpy!) in a much poorer Norwich team.

I think come the end of the season people might genuinely wonder which one is better.

Only issue is we're back to ONE player of that level, would have been amazing to see a couple in the midfield.

7 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

this analysis shows perfectly that he can play on the left/right of a 3 man midfield. Observe from the clips how often he takes up the inside left/right positions. 

31 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I have a feeling that Buendia to Bailey who scores is going to be a common theme this season.

If he’s got Watkins, Ings and Bailey all running different channels in front of him it’ll be a nightmare for defences. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I also couldn't think of a better replacement for Jack if I tried. That we got it done so early in the window, with a view for him to play alongside Jack shows our owners are not playing around.

This. 

Buendia is over a year younger than Greal-hiss and has played almost as many games. His all-round stats are much better, here's hoping he can make the step-up to the PL.

Big season for Buendia.

• Like 3

Â