Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

8 minutes ago, hippo said:

It was only Watford.

Well all like to see villa win. I don't get the sense of surprise at people expressing disappointment when we don't.

Been like that in all the years I've followed villa. Guess it's the same at most clubs.

It might just be my view, but there is expressing disappointment and then there is what we’ve had. This site has generally been vile the last 17-18 hours, I think in future I’m going to avoid on and after match days.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

It might just be my view, but there is expressing disappointment and then there is what we’ve had. This site has generally been vile the last 17-18 hours, I think in future I’m going to avoid on and after match days.

Maybe a wise move then.

People aren't going to be saying nice things after a defeat. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Texas_Mike said:

That said he needs time to settle in so I am still more than hopeful. Smithy needs to play him where he is comfortable for starters.....not sure today was it

Problem with needs time to settle is that Watford are rubbish and we had 3 very winnable/must win games because the next 3/4 are not so winnable and I don’t want us in a played 7 with zero points on the board situation 

19 minutes ago, hippo said:

It was only Watford.

Well all like to see villa win. I don't get the sense of surprise at people expressing disappointment when we don't.

Been like that in all the years I've followed villa. Guess it's the same at most clubs.

There is disappointment and there is absolute stupidity, some of the posts after the game were utterly ridiculous. 'we are getting relegated' player x, y and z are rubbish, Smith out..... 

Yeah we lost a game that on paper we should have won, that's football for you, but the players looked unfit, we had a disrupted pre season with the cancelled games etc. 

If we don't see an improvement in, let's say 10 games, then Smith will be on borrowed time as this regime want to shoot for the stars. But Smith is still evolving, let's cut him some slack, we lost Greedlish, his go to guy, so is looking for a formation that fits, so, yeah there will be disjointed performances while players adapt to that .

Buendia missed most of pre season with a knock, he is going to take a couple of weeks to get back up to speed. He will be outstanding for us. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

It's the same with Twitter, Facebook etc. A lot of fans of all clubs are super reactionary and are just as likely to say OTT negative nonsense after a loss as they are to be delusionally optimistic after a win.

I try to steer clear of football discussion almost entirely after a loss because I don't think it's good for my mental health.

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What’s with the it’s only Watford shit? Yes we should be beating them if we have aspirations of Europe but boy have our fans quickly forgotten where we were 3 seasons ago.  Yet they talk about other clubs fans being entitled. 

Never mind the fact we have only ever once won there

1 minute ago, Greenfly said:

It's the same with Twitter, Facebook etc. A lot of fans of all clubs are super reactionary and are just as likely to say OTT negative nonsense after a loss as they are to be delusionally optimistic after a win.

I try to steer clear of football discussion almost entirely after a loss because I don't think it's good for my mental health.

I've actually found Facebook comments to be much more balanced and reasonable than on here recently when commenting on post match stuff. 

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

I've actually found Facebook comments to be much more balanced and reasonable than on here recently when commenting on post match stuff. 

I can only comment on my own experience. Some of the stuff I've read on there made me genuinely angry.

1 hour ago, Woody1000 said:

I've started staying well clear of the match thread. I might read it but there's no point posting stuff in there. It's unbelievable at times. 

I think I'm going to do the same. Which is a shame really, when this is the most positive I've felt about the club since Lerner first came in. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Maybe a wise move then.

People aren't going to be saying nice things after a defeat. 

Support is support mate, the clues in the name.

You don’t bin off your new wife the first time you fall out.  O’Leary was bang on, a lot of people are fickle

1 hour ago, hippo said:

It was only Watford.

Perhaps... I don't mind ppl "expressing disappointment", at all. It's the ridiculous over-the-top reactions, which came in abundance yesterday. I get the frustration, I too wanted to win. But calling for the manager to go and dismissing all of our new signings... after one game... I mean, it's simply pathetic.

35 minutes ago, macandally said:

Support is support mate, the clues in the name.

You don’t bin off your new wife the first time you fall out.  O’Leary was bang on, a lot of people are fickle

I did, 6:01 pm is not 6 pm when one expects one’s tea as I told her packing her case. Back to Football’s Smith got to go after that, end of

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Back to Emi. Disappointing debut but these things happen. Seems like he may need a bit more time to settle and get his fitness up. I think home support will help him. 

Playing him in his natural position would also help him.

Absolutely mad decision to put Young and El Ghazi on the wings

• Like 1

Â