Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

When did we turn into such a **** demanding of instant success fan base? 

I actually hate what we're becoming. If this is the consequences of having wealthy owners, part of me wishes we were still in the championship. 

We’ve always had this. It’s going to be a long season my friend. Time for a VT break.

• Like 2

Feck me, sometimes he held on to the ball a bit too long and got swamped but he also dropped into some nice positions in the pockets to run at their defence and was always looking for the ball. 

Terms like dreadful etc are ridiculously over the top after a shite overall performance and result. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

Feck me, sometimes he held on to the ball a bit too long and got swamped but he also dropped into some nice positions in the pockets to run at their defence and was always looking for the ball. 

Terms like dreadful etc are ridiculously over the top after a shite overall performance and result. 

Sorry -not saying he won't cut here in due course.

But today he was poor - I don't see the point of saying otherwise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

I've not really known it to the extent like it is these last few years. 

It's just ridiculous. I just can't work out what experiences these people have had supporting villa that has created this mindset. 

We've been shit/average for the vast majority of the Premier league era. 

Yeah there’s definitely an AFTV vibe developing among a section of our fanbase. Weirdly entitled for no obvious reason. We haven’t won anything of note since 1996!

Buendia’s clearly a very talented footballer, and has performed at this level before. It’ll come.

• Like 2

Not going to lie that was not the performance I expected. You don't get but a few seconds to make a pass in that position and he just wanted so much time it was always goin to end up nowhere.

That said he needs time to settle in so I am still more than hopeful. Smithy needs to play him where he is comfortable for starters.....not sure today was it

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I actually hate what we're becoming. If this is the consequences of having wealthy owners, part of me wishes we were still in the championship. 

EXACTLY what we've accused plastic Citeh fans of being like with Gresford. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I've not really known it to the extent like it is these last few years. 

It's just ridiculous. I just can't work out what experiences these people have had supporting villa that has created this mindset. 

We've been shit/average for the vast majority of the Premier league era. 

We were a Championship team 2 years ago and getting dominated by the likes of Wigan and QPR. I really thought that experience would humble people.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Someone talking sense! Thank god, it makes me feel so good to see some sanity amongst the depraved. 

• Like 1

It was a bad performance but let's face it, you could have had prime Maradona out there in that first half and he would have looked terrible. It was just an awful performance across the board for 90% of the game - i'm not going to read too much into it. 

He hasn't had a proper preseason, is lacking match fitness and is joining a club with a huge price tag on his head and lofty expectations for the first time in his career. He has big shoes to fill in that number 10 shirt after Jack's departure and I think as others mentioned, it really looked like he was trying too hard. 

I'm 100% confident he will improve as he gets his match fitness and gels into the team - we also have to make sure we are playing him in his preferred position and to his strengths. 

We need to be supporting the lads rather than jumping on their backs after 1 bad performance. 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Hiney said:

It was a bad performance but let's face it, you could have had prime Maradona out there in that first half and he would have looked terrible. It was just an awful performance across the board for 90% of the game - i'm not going to read too much into it. 

He hasn't had a proper preseason, is lacking match fitness and is joining a club with a huge price tag on his head and lofty expectations for the first time in his career. He has big shoes to fill in that number 10 shirt after Jack's departure and I think as others mentioned, it really looked like he was trying too hard. 

I'm 100% confident he will improve as he gets his match fitness and gels into the team - we also have to make sure we are playing him in his preferred position and to his strengths. 

We need to be supporting the lads rather than jumping on their backs after 1 bad performance. 

Maradona actually is a number 10 though 😉

9 hours ago, DCJonah said:

This. It's like the expectation is we ought to win every game. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, vreitti said:

This. It's like the expectation is we ought to win every game. 

It was only Watford.

Well all like to see villa win. I don't get the sense of surprise at people expressing disappointment when we don't.

Been like that in all the years I've followed villa. Guess it's the same at most clubs.

• Like 1

Â