Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

Just now, KentVillan said:

Yeah I know that, but why not just lift a heavier kettle bell? Is there a specific reason why you'd use the bands like this?

Commonly used to strengthen and tone muscles, so to strengthen his lower leg muscles? To target that specific area.

24 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Yeah I know that, but why not just lift a heavier kettle bell? Is there a specific reason why you'd use the bands like this?

Just from the positioning, maybe it is used to increase ankle strength by forcing you to keep your feet of the floor but I have no clue. As in increasing force upwards on the feet so you have to exert more force downwards to not tip over. 

Edited by MotoMkali

10 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Using a band like that provides extra resistance as you approach the top of the ROM so the movement is of roughly the same difficulty throughout.

Nothing wrong with doing it without the band with a heavier KB but the band creates a lot of tension within the movement and forces your non-primary movers to really work hard to stabilise you or you shake like a sh***ing dog

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Using a band like that provides extra resistance as you approach the top of the ROM so the movement is of roughly the same difficulty throughout.

Nothing wrong with doing it without the band with a heavier KB but the band creates a lot of tension within the movement and forces your non-primary movers to really work hard to stabilise you or you shake like a sh***ing dog

Thanks, yes I think this is the explanation after doing a bit of Googling. If Buendia scores on debut I will do these every day.

16 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

I have light kettle bells and resistance bands. Will look at this to recover from my fractured fibula 

I speak with a few Norwich fans on Twitter. They say basically expect a few red cards, because you don't get brilliance and passion without some reds along the way.

I spose it's a lovely way of putting it.

In response I told them that Smith maybe able to tone his temper down a little and finish off what the Canaries started, which is take him to a new level now. I said if that don't work then at least we have a few players like Mings that usually go grab a player when they're hotheaded and pull them away and cool them down.

I am looking forward to seeing Buendia in action, seems like the passionate player that will up his game at Villa, hope my thinking is right that Smith will up Buendias game.

On 27/06/2021 at 17:26, Jas10 said:

I agree, I think he’s going to light up the league with us. So happy we managed to get him before   ̶a̶n̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶e̶l̶s̶e̶ ̶Arsenal 

FTFY

Edited by mjmooney

8 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Exactly this. It increases resistance furthest away from the floor when it's usually (not always) an easier lift. They get used like this for deadlifts, squats and bench press frequently. 

23 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

You can also use bands to change the direction of force depending on the positioning.  

9 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

You can also use bands to change the direction of force depending on the positioning.  

Do you mean like Oasis and Take That?

• Haha 3

Â