Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

5 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Can someone explain how a beep test works? 

You start off at a fairly slow pace. You've got to make it to the end before the first beep and back before the second beep or at least reach the line at the same time as the beep sound. The interval between the beeps gets shorter i.e. you need to run faster. This continues until even Ollie Watkins falls over in exhaustion.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

You start off at a fairly slow pace. You've got to make it to the end before the first beep and back before the second beep or at least reach the line at the same time as the beep sound. The interval between the beeps gets shorter i.e. you need to run faster. This continues until even Ollie Watkins falls over in exhaustion.

Impossible 

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

I did notice this, but assume its down to the fact Conor has been back a week already.  His pressing stats suggest he isn't short of stamina when it counts. 

Conor could just be mega fit, I'm not reading anything into it......Ollie is just a machine!

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

Basically you run between 2 points 20m apart until your lungs bleed.

What they did differed from a traditional beep test though. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

I did notice this, but assume its down to the fact Conor has been back a week already.  His pressing stats suggest he isn't short of stamina when it counts. 

This'll be it. Emi trained a little on holiday but it won't be anything like training at a proper facility like BMH.

Emi will be up and running in no time. He'll probably never match the machine that is Ollie though.

3 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

in a nutshell, you run from point A to point B within the time of the 2 beeps.

Instead of it getting slow as you get tired, it gets faster, so you need to increase your speed with each set of beeps.

so set 1 might be 10 beeps 8 seconds apart.

set 2 might be 7 seconds apart, set 3 6 seconds apart.

etc etc

basically its hell, you keep going until you cant increase your speed any more from fatigue, and the beep beats you.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

in a nutshell, you run from point A to point B within the time of the 2 beeps.

Instead of it getting slow as you get tired, it gets faster, so you need to increase your speed with each set of beeps.

so set 1 might be 10 beeps 8 seconds apart.

set 2 might be 7 seconds apart, set 3 6 seconds apart.

etc etc

basically its hell, you keep going until you cant increase your speed any more from fatigue, and the beep beats you.

Presumably they would have been sprinting between bleeps at some point but just didn't show that in the video? 

12 minutes ago, birdman said:

Presumably they would have been sprinting between bleeps at some point but just didn't show that in the video? 

No it is about half 2/3 of a Premier league players average sprint speed at its peak. But to complete it you run 5k in 22 minutes at much higher average intensity.

The recovery time you get just isn't enough to make up for the effort you exert. 

Bleep-Test-Summary.jpg

To add further information it is doubted that anyone has actually competed the beep test and it is reckoned the highest ever score is 17/1. Lee Gong Dook completed 16 levels (so a score of 17) which is tied for the 2nd highest score in official results. 

Edited by MotoMkali
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Greenfly said:

This'll be it. Emi trained a little on holiday but it won't be anything like training at a proper facility like BMH.

Emi will be up and running in no time. He'll probably never match the machine that is Ollie though.

Emi vs Ollie?

Challenge Accepted GIF by memecandy

19 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

No it is about half 2/3 of a Premier league players average sprint speed at its peak. But to complete it you run 5k in 22 minutes at much higher average intensity.

The recovery time you get just isn't enough to make up for the effort you exert. 

Bleep-Test-Summary.jpg

To add further information it is doubted that anyone has actually competed the beep test and it is reckoned the highest ever score is 17/1. Lee Gong Dook completed 16 levels (so a score of 17) which is tied for the 2nd highest score in official results. 

What they did was an adapted beep test to suit the training, they only do one shuttle at each level which is completely different to a standard beep test. 

I thought both Seb Coe and Steve Ovett had been credited with completing the beep test, could be wrong.

I served 13 years in the Royal Marines and we had a select few reach level 17, fittest lads were normally around 14, I was always a steady 12 from a 17 yr old through to leaving at 30.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

What they did was an adapted beep test to suit the training, they only do one shuttle at each level which is completely different to a standard beep test. 

I thought both Seb Coe and Steve Ovett had been credited with completing the beep test, could be wrong.

I served 13 years in the Royal Marines and we had a select few reach level 17, fittest lads were normally around 14, I was always a steady 12 from a 17 yr old through to leaving at 30.

I believe it is called a yo-yo test where you walk 10m during your recovery. I think it is considered easier and results in higher scores like 19 rather than 17.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Bleep-Test-Summary.jpg

Thanks for the detail, interesting! Would like to try one. I'm a fairly fit in my 40s but I suspect not as fit as I think I am if I were to try it! lol

18 minutes ago, birdman said:

Thanks for the detail, interesting! Would like to try one. I'm a fairly fit in my 40s but I suspect not as fit as I think I am if I were to try it! lol

Getting over 13 is a fairly excellent result. 11 and 12 are both very good. And you could probably be proud of anything over 10 if you do the full beep test. I'd bump each of those eup slightly for yo-yo test. 

Edited by MotoMkali
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

We used to do that in middle school as part of the presidential fitness tests. Not gonna lie, it was quite fun.

Â