Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Welcome Emi!

Not sure if this part of his game has been discussed here, but the lad has 5 red cards already 🟥 in a relatively short career so far 😅

He's at a top6 club now and they rarely get reds.

• Haha 3

It's an interesting habit for a small, tricky player though. Emi had 4 during his time at Norwich. If my research is right, the only player to manage that number in a Villa shirt since the PL began in 92/93 was Lee Hendrie. 

I'm aware that many here will not care - one for the stattos though.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, est1874 said:

It's an interesting habit for a small, tricky player though. Emi had 4 during his time at Norwich. If my research is right, the only player to manage that number in a Villa shirt since the PL began in 92/93 was Lee Hendrie. 

I'm aware that many here will not care - one for the stattos though.

I think we’ve generally lacked a bit of aggression, so that will be a bonus, provided it is reasonably controlled. His red card count won’t have gone unnoticed by the recruitment team and coaching staff. 

Number 17 for Norwich last season, number 20 for us this season. Very interesting.  Unless he likes 20 and bizarrely someone else already had it at Norwich,  it does suggest a new number 8 may be on the way in.

14 hours ago, est1874 said:

Welcome Emi!

Not sure if this part of his game has been discussed here, but the lad has 5 red cards already 🟥 in a relatively short career so far 😅

Yes but people keep moaning to me that Grealish is reffing games every week so he will be fine 😉

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Number 17 for Norwich last season, number 20 for us this season. Very interesting.  Unless he likes 20 and bizarrely someone else already had it at Norwich,  it does suggest a new number 8 may be on the way in.

Or, Carney takes 8 and its a sign that Dean is going to heavily involve him this season.

Just a different take. 

3 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Or, Carney takes 8 and its a sign that Dean is going to heavily involve him this season.

Just a different take. 

Guess he'd be like a new number 8. Very possible another existing player moves further up the number pecking order also I guess.

I'd say a "number 8" is the last signing we really need, but if it was to be ESR or JWP I wouldn't be against it 😉

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

Guess he'd be like a new number 8. Very possible another existing player moves further up the number pecking order also I guess.

I'd say a "number 8" is the last signing we really need, but if it was to be ESR or JWP I wouldn't be against it 😉

For what it's worth, I think we'll make another ACM related signing. 

But in my head I'm hoping that Carney is so highly rated that he's going to play a larger role in the team this season than most of us think. 

On 12/07/2021 at 19:08, sidcow said:

Do you mean like Oasis and Take That?

Depending on the band, it should allow freedom of movement albeit some resistance.

Unless it's One Direction.

Then your ears bleed.

And it would serve you right.

Stupid Harry Styles.

Â