Villa kit 2021/2

Demitri_C

I really don't understand this strategy by Villa.

Many people would buy a shirt to wear it throughout the summer. Excitement by signings can only drive sales.

I get it might take longer if we change sponsors or manufacturers, but that isn't the case this year - can someone please tell me, why do we have to wait so long?

23 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Many people would buy a shirt to wear it throughout the summer. Excitement by signings can only drive sales.

I get it might take longer if we change sponsors or manufacturers, but that isn't the case this year - can someone please tell me, why do we have to wait so long?

I mentioned something similar to this in the FCG Meeting thread the other day. I’m fed up with our new kits being one of last to be released/available.  My kids want to wear our new kit over the summer holidays but can rarely do so.  Last year it was mid September before sizes were available for my two. By then they aren’t really bothered and it’s only pushed by me.

The club are missing out greatly here and this summer there really is no excuse, as manufacturer and sponsor are the same? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

It's frustrating, especially when you see teams like Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City etc. wearing their new kit for the next season at a cup final etc. in May.

23 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It's frustrating, especially when you see teams like Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City etc. wearing their new kit for the next season at a cup final etc. in May.

Yep, and the excuse was always that we'd changed a sponsor or manufacturer and had to wait until the old contract was up to release the new kit, but this year we don't have that excuse and it's just the same as usual. 

• Like 1

On 14/05/2021 at 21:39, Jas10 said:

Just give us this but with the new & better lion:

spacer.png

This has perfect shades of claret and blue. (Both slightly darker than most modern day Villa strips).

BTW, do we know who designed this?

• Like 1

On 18/06/2021 at 06:15, OutByEaster? said:

As of 1st June, you could buy shirts for the 2021-22 season for eight of the twenty teams in the Premier League.

That's the group I'd like us to be in.

I think we'll be at least a month behind that group.

Tell old steely eyes to sort this out!

7 hours ago, maqroll said:

This has perfect shades of claret and blue. (Both slightly darker than most modern day Villa strips).

BTW, do we know who designed this?

So true re: shades, particularly the blue. Does my nut that we can't get seem to ever get it right now (or don't want to).

• Like 1

Does anyone know if other teams tend to release their kits sooner than us? Suprised there are no comments about that on here already to be honest. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Does anyone know if other teams tend to release their kits sooner than us? Suprised there are no comments about that on here already to be honest. 

Would help with shirt sales as kids would want them for summer holidays. Always seems to be delays due to sponsors not being confirmed, so shouldn't be an issue as cazoo is the same sponsor as last season.

Edited by brummybloke

11 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I kinda hope we do something radical this year, but I doubt we will.

Me too, like the smallest go pro camera in the world sown into the players shirts, imagine some of the video footage, awesome, can't be far off that, it's 2021.

• Like 1