Villa kit 2021/2

Demitri_C

I like claret shorts in theory but whenever I see it it just feels less like Aston Villa to me. 

I'm happy with claret shorts as a once off but we should always revert to claret body, blue sleeves, white shorts and blue socks the year after a more adventurous effort. 

Two of my favourite kits are variations, the striped 99/00 kit and the all claret promotion shirt, but I don't think I'd like a more permanent change. 

We're probably due something like a striped kit. We've had fairly conservative kits for a while, with only the promotion kit being unique and even that was basically a throwback. I'd be happy to see us be a bit more adventurous. Look at the way Dortmund do something new and interesting with their yellow and black kits every season. 

• Like 2

Quite like the blue one. I'm itching for the 57 cup final shirt to influence a designs and that uses its essence quiet well.

The home kit is a little more interesting do to the shading/texture in the claret...but doesn't quite click for me. Almost a bit rugby-like. Maybe its the hoops.

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Blue one is nice. The claret on the white one is way off but it's got potential.

The home one has lots wrong with it for me. The stripes don't really work and it really needs gold instead of yellow stripes. Even then, not sure I'd be a fan.

4 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

I'd quite like the lion pattern in a paler or darker claret wrapping round the left side of the shirt.

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

I like the idea of a large, pale lion on the shirt, would be something different and could look really good on the right design/kit.

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Posted this earlier in the thread, it could work well with the right colour combination(s).

spacer.png

As I said. I'd love that in claret. I think the blue design is nicer than the white one just because I think it looks better bigger and higher up.

We don't really use the lion enough in our kits. 

49 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

As I said. I'd love that in claret. I think the blue design is nicer than the white one just because I think it looks better bigger and higher up.

We don't really use the lion enough in our kits. 

Quick & crude job using an app but just wanted to get an idea of it in a different colour…. I wonder how it would look with claret body and blue lion… would need to be the right shades though..

spacer.png